Author Topic: Player geolocation map [Atlantis explained]  (Read 2855 times)

this map basically exposes street names of where blocklanders live. so someone can just slaughter up a ton of blocklanders just by using that map.
Are you kidding? Geolocation based on an IP address is not accurate enough to even get the town correct 60% of the time. One API site claims this:

Do you really think you could find the exact street address of the point, let alone the exact township? Stop thinking the exact pixel which a marker is on are the real coordinates.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:56:10 PM by Hammereditor5 »

Kalphiter already made this

still neato

Kalphiter's is different. It shows servers. This one lists players.

Are you kidding? First of all, geolocation based on an IP address is not very accurate. Do you really think you could find the exact street address of the point, let alone the exact township? The locations of the markers are not the exact spot of a player.
Additionally, why would someone slaughter a bunch of Blocklanders. You could just wander around and slaughter a bunch of people. I don't think there are any current serial killers fixated on Blocklanders.

Almost acurate (I live in greenwood)

Hi

also just realized how many people are in SC what the heck.

Also I'm the only one in SC stuck with loving century link. Everyone else is lucky.

(I live in the center of this picture, location of IP bottom right)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:11:02 PM by Trogtor »

im not there :(

no one lives in my town or 100km from me
:(

Wow there are people within 30 minutes from me

Hi strangers  :cookieMonster:

so close. (i actually live in Saint Charles)

Are you kidding? Geolocation based on an IP address is not accurate enough to even get the town correct 60% of the time. One API site claims this:

i wouldnt even claim 60% within 25 miles lol.

with my ISP and when I used to have the oh so lovely dynamic IP, I could be living anywhere from Vancouver to Fort St John, and those cities are well over 1000 kilometres apart.

Some lookup sites are as inaccurate as "Trenton, NJ" even though I am well over 45 miles from there.

I'm surprised how many Blocklanders live near me (3, in Michigan, around Grand Rapids)

I think I'm the only one in Euless, Texas

Found myself, its pretty accurate really

There is someone like 2 blocks from me.