2014/06/19 - Steam Summer Sale! (Ends June 29th)

Author Topic: 2014/06/19 - Steam Summer Sale! (Ends June 29th)  (Read 53587 times)

go make your own game and be successful, believe me it's a lot bigger a slap in the face than a bunch of pixels
It's hard. Of course it's hard.

Still, for the size of the community and simplicity of the game, Blockland certainly could do with more updates...

Wow badspot. My heart skipped a beat when I saw there was a new dev topic. I already own blockland forget you
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:12:58 AM by GhostStar »

There's also a 4-pack on steam so you can stock up on alts

oh ya! BADSPOT! You promissed us a top hat and monocle

In my opinion, there's two main things that keep the game up and going

The developers support, and the community, the developers announces some updates, and the community get inspirated again and they create some stuff until it's released (TF2 for example), and when the update is released the community have fun with the new additions, they buy and gift the game more, and the developers only get positive results until it cooldowns so after a few weeks another big or major update can be announced and the cycle repeats.

I appreciate sales, but that alone is not enough, we just need that boost of inspiration again just like what happened with the events in V9, The brick physics in V11 and the shaders in V21, it doesn't have to be that big, but any new addition would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:30:59 AM by Filipe »

In my opinion, there's two main things that keep the game alive
Not relevant, go to drama

It's hard. Of course it's hard.
No kidding, that's why it's more effective than a picture...

Thought w had an update. Heh.

go make your own game and be successful, believe me it's a lot bigger a slap in the face than a bunch of pixels
LOL i seriously hope this is a joke post. i didn't think anyone's levels of comparison could be this exaggerated and handicapped. your comparing spending 5 minutes making a dumb meme picture to spending a year making an entire game just for a "slap in the face". I guess the guy who made this picture should revive all three of those games himself! Do you understand how completely stupid that sounded? I honestly hope that was a bait post and I just fell for it or something. Especially the "bunch of pixels" part , that is just icing on the cake.

It's not a joke. If you want to make a point to him then go do it yourself and maybe he'll start listening to your suggestions. At the moment all you're doing is uselessly babbling.

£2 is a great price for the game - still think it's worth over £10 though :)

It's not a joke. If you want to make a point to him then go do it yourself and maybe he'll start listening to your suggestions. At the moment all you're doing is uselessly babbling.
But if he made his own game, why the hell would he give a stuff about this one? Everyone would just treat him how they treat Kalphiter if he did that anyways. No one in the right mind makes a game 'just to prove a point'. Heed probably loves this game more than you, even. He has a lot of dedication to his Blockland projects. And that's probably why he sees all that's wrong with the game. He cares about Blockland more than you.

You're trying to take more out of a stupid joke picture than you should be. You're blowing things way out of scale to the point where you just sound completely handicapped. You're suggesting a extreme methods to achieve something much smaller. "Brb guys going to learn all the skills needed to make a game, then spend a year making it so badspot listens to my opinion and changes his game! That will show him!" I don't see how you could even come up with such a silly argument to begin with.