Author Topic: Massive influx of players! Please do everything possible to keep them hooked.  (Read 3423 times)

Well, if you've been living under a rock recently the game has a 80% discount right now on a flash sale. That means a LOT of players have joined.
And by A LOT I mean 1,5k players online right now.
This means a lot of them will have no idea what the hell is going on, so I ask you guys to help everyone with questions regarding the game!
That will be a very tiresome task, though, so another thing you can do is write a lot of steam guides. People are looking for those and I can't find a single Beginner's Guide. This is bad.
We can also host the blockhead sandboxes to teach them how to play, or we can get started on building some tutorial maps and host a server with default minigame teaching these people how to play!

Seriously though, Badspot, you REALLY should put that Tutorial button back to main menu.

Gosh:

I'm going to start up my Arms Upgrade Race server soon. But I think we'll be back down to 300 players in 2-3 days.

Jesus Christ that's a lot of players but the server player counts are pretty normal. Everyone's hosting their own it seems.

Just played the game with my cousin a bit.
I think he loved it
aaaaa

Jesus Christ that's a lot of players but the server player counts are pretty normal. Everyone's hosting their own it seems.

There were a bunch at ~75 players earlier in the day but nobody really has the capacity for that many. Most people lowered their player limits because the servers were unstable.

This is a pretty big spike in popularity. I had my Fort Wars server up today, and it was filled up 24/24 players! A big cause of the server's popularity today was caused by an influx of Blockheads into the server.

ya its only gonna last like a few days probably

wow the keys already hit 125k

that was fast.

Yeah, you guys can keep being excited about the current spike of players, but in less than one week, the online player count will be dragged back down to 300, due to the lack of development and support for modders.

wtf my Highschool dm server is down. damnit hammer

Yeah, you guys can keep being excited about the current spike of players, but in less than one week, the online player count will be dragged back down to 300, due to the lack of development and support for modders.
That's why we're excited.
Cause we want to make servers now to get them more hooked.

wtf my Highschool dm server is down. damnit hammer
Yup, HammerHost shut down due to the DDoS.

Make the name change button huge, there are too many people asking how to change their names.
You really ought to just grab their steam name if it isn't taken like any other game does.

blockland is coming alive
oh my god

i bought 2 keys today for people that dont already have accounts