Author Topic: my 5th year on bl is coming up and i have done nothing  (Read 1294 times)

ok so my 5th year on blockland is coming up and for the past 2 years i've build like, 5 things.

now this 5 years includes demo too, and its sad because i've built more in the demo (and my 1st actual year after demo) than ive built after that. also everything was lost on my pc back then so bye bye

i feel a little hurt inside considering the 10 year old me was so excited to build all the fascinated things and show them to everyone and be involved in group builds
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:36:35 AM by Trogtor »

Why do people include the demo
Do people really play the demo for so long?

yes i really did

i played it for about a year until i bought the game

I literally played the demo once, didn't like the game
played it a week later, purchased the game

I literally played the demo once, didn't like the game liked the game but thought the building system was trash

i played it from v10-v14, purchased in v14

im in trogtors exact mindset lol

i played demo since v9 and actually joined around v13

I've done pretty much nothing remarkable in like 7 years of playing 8)

Almost 9 years here, I've done nothing that the community today appreciates besides being an starfish and helping people in coding help.

I too am reaching my 5th year, all I've done was not finish stuff.
I lost some saves from 2009/2010 but they weren't really important. Only nostalgic.

I joined in 2011 and I've made, like, 1 build I'm actually decently proud of. I've made a lot of builds, but they where pretty crappy. I even made a space-jail rp, that was decently popular(and one of the heights of my bl playing experience) but I guarantee nobody remembers it but me. I've always considered myself a futuristic-build builder; yet have made just 1 spaceship(that was actually incredibly good for a first try, but just okay for a space-ship). For a long time my houses where very simple, a x1 black brick, x5 white, x1 black and curved bricks on the corner.
My advice, though, is to go to other people's freebuilds and start building. It's loads of fun there, and I know almost nobody freebuilds at a freebuild, but trust me it's fun--those people don't know what they're missing out on.

It'll be five years in october for me.
It's funny I almost have the same story, back in the first maybe three years I built a lot of stuff hosted some popular servers, even made a mod or two (sorta) and in the last two years I've built like 4 things...

Also about two years ago I got a new laptop and everything I built on my desktop was erased.
So yeah same dude, same.

I played the demo for over a year.

I had the demo for like 2 weeks then bought the stuff out of this game in V17

Back then my dad wouldn't allow most games as they were too violent/spooky so blockland was the only game I had back then, and my first one that I paid for using pocket money.

Then I procceeded to not do stuff ever since.

I had this game for that long, I have grown up with it and the BLF and I still can't loving build agh

I literally played the demo once, didn't like the game
I played the demo for like two years lol.

seven years this december... i've hosted servers but i haven't had a public one up in about two, three, maybe four years.

i'm just now attempting to learn how to create mods  :cookieMonster: