Author Topic: Wanting to try sushi for the first time  (Read 2813 times)

So long story short my entire life I've wanted to try sushi, I've heard from several people that it's best to get cooked fish first, maybe like the California roll from publix.

Anyone here have any suggestions? Much appreciated!

Thanks for consulting the forum first, always ask us before you eat something for the first time.

Just eat it.

I usually don't know what I'm getting and it's amazing.
Just try it, I guarantee you'll like it.

Get your tie stuck in the conveyor belt in Yo Sushi like in Johnny English

I usually don't know what I'm getting and it's amazing.
Just try it, I guarantee you'll like it.

For a first time sushi eater, would cooked fish be better than raw fish?

Thanks for consulting the forum first, always ask us before you eat something for the first time.

Just eat it.
There are different kinds of sushi, he's asking for recommendations on what kind to try first.

I don't see the problem here.

the only reason meat needed to be cooked is to help avoid bacteria/parasites or whatever.
but this isnt the stone age, we have clean food now. and a restaurant int going to half ass it.

texture and flavor are just fine with seafood being raw. people who eat beef all their life tend to think thats not possible.

There are different kinds of sushi, he's asking for recommendations on what kind to try first.

That's exactly what I'm doing, I don't want to consume raw fish my first time eating sushi.

Neither do I, I just told him to eat it
That's exactly what I'm doing, I don't want to consume raw fish my first time eating sushi.
Um what isn't sushi raw fish?

Neither do I, I just told him to eat itUm what isn't sushi raw fish?

I've heard that maybe California rolls would be easier to start with, that's all.

Um what isn't sushi raw fish?
You can get it cooked (tempura) if you prefer

I've never tried Sushi but I'd give it a go. Haven't had a chance to though. I don't overly trust the mini-sushi pots you can get in supermarkets, and I don't want to spend money on a whole meal of sushi to find out I thoroughly dislike it.

Someone I know needs to be eating it already and offer me a bit.

I went to a Japanese restaurant the other day with some friends to celebrate a buddy's college graduation and we got a huge loving tray of sushi that the chef chopped in mid air right in front of us. Was so worth $680.

First sushi I ever had
Then I found out I didn't like the taste of it

Just eat it.