Author Topic: Wanting to try sushi for the first time  (Read 2801 times)

I had some salmon over rice and it was a pretty new taste.

Raw salmon is very tender and it compliments the sweet rice well.
Soy sauce kinda forgeted it up for me though. If you're going to eat with soy sauce use a small amount because it's strong.

i love sushi, i just wish that i were able to go out and get it more often. i only get to have sushi like, twice a year.

i'd say just kind of dive in and get things that sound like they'd taste good, that's what i did when i first tried it.

If you're going to eat with soy sauce use a small amount because it's strong.
this.

also be careful on the wasabi. American wasabi is made from horseradish so if you've ever eaten that, think about how much you're using.

sometimes my mom likes to mix wasabi and soy sauce together and make sort of a thick light brown sauce and she says its really good.

Any suggestions? I'll probably buy it myself.
just get california rolls, or spider rolls if publix has that. i dont remember

just get california rolls, or spider rolls if publix has that. i dont remember

What exactly are spider rolls?

What exactly are spider rolls?

It has fried (usually tempura) crab in it. Reaaally tasty if you get an authentic one, too. But supermarket sushi is usually good, too.

The first time I had sushi I didn't know it was wasabi I thought it was just avacado or something. I spread the entire ball of it on one piece of salmon and dear god it was hell.

The first time I had sushi I didn't know it was wasabi I thought it was just avacado or something. I spread the entire ball of it on one piece of salmon and dear god it was hell.
that sounds pretty good to me, why is everyone so sensitive to heat?

Thing is I'm not. I don't know what it is about wasabi that gets to me.

Um what isn't sushi raw fish?
The only defining cahracteristic to sushi is how the rice is prepared.
It can be filled with anything: raw fished, cooked fish, other meats, or even just veggies

You can get it cooked (tempura) if you prefer
Tempura is a method of battering and deepfrying, their are other varieties of cooked meats

OH GOD WHY

I've found I don't really like nigiri, I prefer rolls which have other flavors to go with it so the fish taste isn't as strong
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:16:46 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Wasabi usually isn't spicy. I just get a weird feeling in my nose... And I'm not sensitive to spiciness at all. I eat authentic Mexican food with lots of hot sauce. I also like Indian food, too. But wasabi is just... weird.

HOLLY stuff I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY GUY IN AMERICA WHO HAS SEEN JOHNNY ENGLISH!
anyway i have never had sushi before, but i really want to try it.
im um british im sorry

there is no reason to not eat the raw fish sush. its so good. my family goes out for sushi like 4 times a month lol, we love it.

california rolls are pretty good. I guess you can start off of them if youre scared of eating raw fish or something. but spicy tuna rolls = best stuff ever

oh, and try scallops. so creamy and nice...

I always get tempted to try it, but then I always get discouraged. I gotta try it sometime :(