Desktop Megathread 3

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Desktop Megathread 3  (Read 269605 times)

can you give me an example? i've googled for links and none of them work at all.
aight so check this out

these are rss subscriptions for weather.com: http://ab.weather.com/weather/rss/subscription

say you wanted to get updated on national weather. you'd look under "rss readers" and pick from any of the 3 options (i always used xml) and then you just copy the web link. you then take that rss link and paste it in its respective place within your rainmeter skin (that you're editing with what ever text editor you have)

rainmeter scripts come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, but its usually really easy to find the rss information. it'll probably look like "rss=(linkhere)" or something. you'd just have to look through it and read through the lines. if i was in a position to actually to a picture tutorial i would so if you dont get this i can try to do that later

rofl people actually having their search bars enabled in W10

really it's such a waste of space for something that every browser already has readily and for your FS, can be accessed even quicker by just pressing the winkey

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:44:21 PM by Kingdaro »

I have it on only for nostalgia reasons. I always had the address bar enabled in previous versions of Windows.

ive just got the icon on

rofl people actually having their search bars enabled in W10

really it's such a waste of space for something that every browser already has readily and for your FS, can be accessed even quicker by just pressing the winkey

I use Cortana very often but that search bar is useful for finding things on your pc as well, you can even run commands from it that you usually would have to open run to use.

I use Cortana very often but that search bar is useful for finding things on your pc as well, you can even run commands from it that you usually would have to open run to use.
can be accessed even quicker by just pressing the winkey

but go ahead and and continue to waste your time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm kidding tho

how do you even disable it
nvm did it

How else would you search without a search bar? I mainly use it because I don't know of any other way, and I have always had one so why not.

but go ahead and and continue to waste your time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm kidding tho
Since you don't use it have you tried the slim taskbar option? It might appeal to you, you can find it by right clicking on the taskbar, going to properties, and selecting "use small taskbar buttons".

How else would you search without a search bar? I mainly use it because I don't know of any other way, and I have always had one so why not.
Its in start regardless of whether you have it enabled or not, Win + S brings it up regardless.

Because you can actually just start typing while the search menu is up. It worked this way in W7 and W8 too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/099qh0xj9zz8mvk/2016-03-31_19-07-39.mp4?dl=0

Since you don't use it have you tried the slim taskbar option? It might appeal to you, you can find it by right clicking on the taskbar, going to properties, and selecting "use small taskbar buttons".
But I am using it.

windows 10 is p nice

Try to desaturate the image a little. I think it might look better. Still really nice.