cpu fan running really loud

Author Topic: cpu fan running really loud  (Read 1377 times)

i have a hyper 212 evo, my cpu is at 37 C and my fan is running at nearly 2000 RPM, which doesnt seem normal
why is it doing this

what are you doing exactly? Playing a game or nothing? If you're on a laptop and it's on a desk, put it on your lap because the computer is overheating.

what are you doing exactly? Playing a game or nothing? If you're on a laptop and it's on a desk, put it on your lap because the computer is overheating.
no, im idling actually
when it starts up i can hear it being quiet (if that makes sense i guess?) but then it gets loud

no, im idling actually
when it starts up i can hear it being quiet (if that makes sense i guess?) but then it gets loud
I'm not sure but the fan might be outdated, is it? To know this is also important.

I'm not sure but the fan might be outdated, is it? To know this is also important.
less than a month old

I don't think it's anything to worry about, a lot of laptops do this.

its a desktop
and i dont think its really normal because i noticed this happening 2 weeks after it was installed

arent they supposed to run at maximum to keep the cpu to a total minimum temperature in any situation?

arent they supposed to run at maximum to keep the cpu to a total minimum temperature in any situation?
no...

how many pins does it have? 3 or 4?

I don't think it's anything to worry about, a lot of laptops do this.
dude just stop, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about

i also have the Hyper 212 Evo. one day it also just randomly started to go to max RPM. if you cannot adjust your fan speed through BIOS (which, for some reason, I could not with an MSI AM3+ motherboard (its like FX970-G46 or G43 or something along those lines)), another option which I used is to download speedfan and manually adjust it through that.

download speedfan and manually adjust it through that.
This
Maybe there is a stuffloat of dust in it?
Nvm, 1 month old.

if you connected a 3 pin connector into a 4 pin socket on the board. your fan will always run at full speed.
if you connected a 4 pin connector into a 4 pin socket on the board. you will have control over the fan speed.
if you connected a 3 pin connector into a 3 pin socket on the board. same as the first one.
if you connected a 4 pin connector into a 3 pin socket on the board. same as the first one.

speedfan wont let me change it
only one it WILL let me change is the gpu