Author Topic: Parents are loving ridiculous (Another parent rant thread)  (Read 2558 times)

While people do want their privacy, bitching about one of your parents wanting to keep an eye on you is rather childish.
Bitching on an online forum about not having the freedom to go and do what you want when you are 16 is rather silly.

I do agree with her though, if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't sorry. Beside though, I do think you should have the ability to live your own life.

I agree with Caribou on this. It would be different if you were an adult.

Any parent who thinks they need to track their child constantly needs to calm down

Any parent who thinks they need to track their child constantly needs to calm down
inb4 parents are the nsa, gg

While people do want their privacy, bitching about one of your parents wanting to keep an eye on you is rather childish.
Bitching on an online forum about not having the freedom to go and do what you want when you are 16 is rather silly.

What the hell?
Apparently expressing my feelings and venting about something I was angry about is automatically "bitching".
Like sorry that I wanted to talk to people about how I feel right now.
You are so rude for no reason at all

No. forget that. forget that completely. Tell your parents to forget off and don't worry about getting grounded because that really doesn't mean stuff, if you get stuff taken away, go take it back. You don't have to let them track your phone, so don't let them. If you want to go somewhere and they don't let you, go anyways. If you need transportation, you could ask a friend, ride a bus, ride a bike or just walk.

First all advice I will give is based of my parents and also I'm 18 when I did this.
 I decided that I needed to talk to my mom alone and present my argument explaining both my decisions and my habits. If you can get the timing just right and give a well thought out argument you might be amazed at the results!
But I'm sorry regardless :( , parents have the ability to forget things up like no one else

Plan B: If you present an ultimatum to her that makes her realize you can't stand the bullstuff you might make her rethink her stuff. good luck may the triforce be with you
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:57:51 AM by nickpb1 »

She would never let me leave the house if I didnt have my phone
She likes to check in every hour
not likes to, has to.
does she check in using a website?
if so, install net nanny and block it

Tell your parents to forget off and don't worry about getting grounded because that really doesn't mean stuff
If you need transportation, you could ask a friend, ride a bus, ride a bike or just walk.
they don't allow you to talk to friends, they don't allow you to go to social events you want to see, they don't get you any of those cool games you want, they don't give you allowance...
the list goes on.

if you get stuff taken away, go take it back
tech savvy parents can put passwords on your electronics. if that's not an available option they can lock it in a box or put it somewhere they know you won't be able to get at it. most people anticipate this and act accordingly believe it or not

You don't have to let them track your phone, so don't let them.
your parents won't have to track your phone because they'll have it. likely you won't be going anywhere without that phone either as stated above

If you want to go somewhere and they don't let you, go anyways
you're only further pissing them off and potentially losing more of the luxury stuff you have?

i'm all for freedom from harsh parents and beating the system man but it ain't that easy, and most of the time they're harsh because they love you

No. forget that. forget that completely. Tell your parents to forget off and don't worry about getting grounded because that really doesn't mean stuff, if you get stuff taken away, go take it back. You don't have to let them track your phone, so don't let them. If you want to go somewhere and they don't let you, go anyways. If you need transportation, you could ask a friend, ride a bus, ride a bike or just walk.

It doesn't go like that, if you are under 18 parents words come first. After all, you are living under their roof.

It doesn't go like that, if you are under 18 parents words come first.
this

nobody likes it, i know i really don't, but this is how it's gotta be

Plus, i would probably do something along the same lines if my child was suspected of doing hard drugs.

One other thing to remember: the more submissive your parents were to your grandparents, the more power hungry they'll be towards you. Not always the case but seems to be a trend.

One other thing to remember: the more submissive your parents were to your grandparents, the more power hungry they'll be towards you. Not always the case but seems to be a trend.
this is called your grandparents being a role model for your parents. they were raised with the idea that discipline and a certain amount of control is the best thing for their children.

you can argue that it's either proper discipline or unnecessary control but who am i to judge

It doesn't go like that, if you are under 18 parents words come first. After all, you are living under their roof.
Woah dude. Like, you're completely right. Sorry I didnt get that before. Thanks so much I feel a lot better now :)
Locking topic now, thank you Caribou