will badspot ever fix the avatar uploader?

Author Topic: will badspot ever fix the avatar uploader?  (Read 1164 times)

i hate it becuase i'm stuck with no avatar since it won't even upload
(it's a 75x75 png picture i'm trying to upload)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:03:45 AM by 77x5ghost2 »

It could be too large.

It could be too large.
No.

The best method I did was uploading a bitmap and then a png. Seems to change it instantly for me.

If it doesn't seem to change after you upload it, try hitting Ctrl+F5 and see if you can see it. If you're getting an error message, be aware the avatar must be under 75x75 and under 5KB in size. That's the way it was for me. Anything over 5KB in size gave me an error message.

I just changed mine 3 seconds ago. I've been having the same problem, but found the solution.
1. Get Paint.net (this is important later)
2. Open up the image you want as your avatar
3. Select it and copy it.
4. Make a New image, make it's resolutions 74x74 (75 wasn't working for me)
5. Paste the image, and resize it to fit.
6. This is why paint.net is important: go to Save As and save it as a .png file. Then it will bring up a rendering menu with 4 options: Auto-Detect, 32 bit, 24 bit and 8 bit. There's also a few options below it. Modify these until the file size is less than 5 KB.

Then the avatar should work.
EDIT: If you're on Google Chrome, you should see a black bar in the corner that says Uploading: x%.

I just changed mine 3 seconds ago. I've been having the same problem, but found the solution.
1. Get Paint.net (this is important later)
2. Open up the image you want as your avatar
3. Select it and copy it.
4. Make a New image, make it's resolutions 74x74 (75 wasn't working for me)
5. Paste the image, and resize it to fit.
6. This is why paint.net is important: go to Save As and save it as a .png file. Then it will bring up a rendering menu with 4 options: Auto-Detect, 32 bit, 24 bit and 8 bit. There's also a few options below it. Modify these until the file size is less than 5 KB.

Then the avatar should work.
EDIT: If you're on Google Chrome, you should see a black bar in the corner that says Uploading: x%.
it won't install paint.net because "you need windows 7 sp1 or newer"
I HAVE WINDOWS 7
EDIT: this is what i'm trying to upload (can anyone make it 75x75?)
i'm a "non hardcore" whovian
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:22:44 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

actually afaik someone asked badspot nicely to fix it and he did it
I changed my avatar to this in about 15 seconds

I made this really quick. Yeah, it looks .jpeg as forget, but I had to do that to get it under 5kb.