New Blockland Awards.....Brought Back?

Author Topic: New Blockland Awards.....Brought Back?  (Read 2307 times)

Well, a couple years ago, 2 to be exact, we held a Blockie awards hosted by Darknessxx or something of that sort, and we had Nobot, Young Rotations, etc playing as a DJ. I think it would be cool to host another Blockie Awards, I was just trying to get more opinions on this subject. If I get enough positive feedback, I'll most likely start working on it.

They always fail, dont bother. Sorry to let you down but it's true.

They always fail, dont bother. Sorry to let you down but it's true.
That was with a really small number of players. We're in the 140k now. It could work, but it's still a longshot.

Yeah raven is probably right but it's not bad to take a shot at it

That was with a really small number of players. We're in the 140k now. It could work, but it's still a longshot.
I attempted a blockland awards like 5 years ago and got 80 players in the server. Player counts are not an issue.

[IMG ]http://i60.tinypic.com/2woxjme.jpg[/img]

If you and I jump on this and make a build for it, good lord it'd be amazing.

Sounds interesting enough. I'd definitely try to attend. What would the awards be for, specifically? Also, would people make reservations, or would the max-players count be upped a bunch?

Oh hey that's me. But yeah, even if it's a total failure it's a nice event, the server's usually very populated, and people have fun. I'd say it's totally worth it, and I can help if you'd like.

Yeah I tried, if it weren't for the events failing on us then the event would have been much better. We had some organization but yeah.

What Id want to do is model trophy/plaque items presented as item addons for
the award winners so that they can spawn the awards on their server to show off.

So essentially, award winners would actually get awards.

Edit: If this ever takes off, I'll offer my services to model all awards.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:18:36 PM by Mr.Noßody »

What Id want to do is model trophy/plaque items presented as item addons for
the award winners so that they can spawn the awards on their server to show off.

So essentially, award winners would actually get awards.

Edit: If this ever takes off, I'll offer my services to model all awards.

Whats the point, though? they can't just take the item to other servers, maybe we can rip off blocklands 'mysterious hat update' and make it that instead of the hat, expand it to the hands, and make a model of a trophy, maybe that will work?

Whats the point, though? they can't just take the item to other servers, maybe we can rip off blocklands 'mysterious hat update' and make it that instead of the hat, expand it to the hands, and make a model of a trophy, maybe that will work?
You could make a trophy model add-on that's private, and only give it out to the people who won awards. Of course this brings up the problem of the people who got the awards releasing the add-on.

You could make a trophy model add-on that's private, and only give it out to the people who won awards. Of course this brings up the problem
 of the people who got the awards releasing the add-on.

You could put something in the script that only loads the add-on on the servers of the people who actually won the award. It wouldn't really protect it, as people could just modify the script, but it'd at least slow people down. We could embed the protection code inside the essential code, then try and make the code as unreadable as possible, as one option.