Author Topic: Massive noobs/newbs  (Read 3437 times)

I've played blockland for the first time in maybe a month like the past two days, and I'm getting incredibly tired of all the noobs. The worst part is, some new people, start as newbs, get misinformed, and become noobs. It makes me want to stop blockland. But I can't. There are too many nonnoobs (not enough really...) that are normal nice people.

They're new. Deal with it. I used to be new... so did you. Your basically called your past self a newb/noob. Unless you weren't one right hen you joined.

I learned how to build, not spam, and other useful things before ever entering a public server. (This is in vanilla were speaking of btw)  And we're all new at one point, yes, BUT. These people are ignorant, and stupid. It's quite bothersome. Should I just ban them if I find it annoying (WUTS ADMIN PAS???? :D:D:D:D) or just say no...

Normally I'd answer my own questions... But I don't know what to do about these people.

He's right, the newb/noob population is becoming out of control. Something has to be done about this so the delicate balance of life in BL can remain intact.

It's a trend. Smart people tend to be more careful with their money, if they have it at all. Of course, the majority of the 'noobs' tend to be more willing to spend it on things they are not too sure about. As a result, there is usually a bias in all populations of non-freeware games.

They need to die. Or leave. I'd prefer die. But leaving is good too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:53:56 PM by Metalhed592 »

best solution = huge banlist.

I don't fool around.

It doesn't help that all the "veteran" users act like noobs (as a joke). It sets a bad example.

I mean...its monkey see; monkey do.

Noob see's USSR or MotE members (and others) banning with a vengeance then the noob will do so in there own server.

If a noob sees other users on the forums using cookie emotes and using fragmented text then they will repeat it.

My favorite example is all the noobs copying the "veterans" by calling other noobs "noobs" when they are clearly the definition of the very insult they are trying to pass on.

Especially in the suggestions forum where they seem to bash down every idea because "it won't work in the engine" yet they have no clue about what they are saying.

If you want "noobs" to stop being noobs then don't pretend to be one (even as a joke) around other players.

Yes reactor raises a point.  A damn good point.  They see us complain about them and they will do the same 1500 ids later

well most vets i see, never even build. so whats the difference

I help them as long as its not too late. (nor do I help if they are just plain a-holes) <COUGH> Mangobean <COUGH>

I take the term noob/newb to two meanings.

1) You are just the normal internet person, and you are asking for help that is in the place you didn't bother to look which you should've.

2) You are a loving idiot. (Mangobean, no?)

A while ago I joined a server after not playing for about 3 months and I saw myself in a server of about 20 people, all with stupid names and people I have never heard before.  After spawning I saw the filth they would call "builds" and quickly left. 

I am not the same man I was when I entered that server.

i deal with it by using the welcome message
i write "rules: do not ask for admin or you will be ban
                      do not be an annoying noob
                      do not annoy me
                      do not make noobish mini-games unless you have permission from an admin
                      if you are admin then you must have permission from me to ban/kick
                      do not spam heavily"

well atleast thats what i would do if i still played
it would probally work

and if you ban some-one then tell them why and for how long
eg.you were ban for asking for admin... the penalty is 5 minutes