We need to talk about the Gallery section...

Author Topic: We need to talk about the Gallery section...  (Read 1939 times)

Apologies for this not being a drama about a specific person or server, it would of been so much easier to rant about, then. This topic is going to be about the pile of stuff that is basically now the Gallery selection. Even though most of this rant is from my own personal experience, I'm aware that many others are bothered by this too.

Okay, so to start off I'm going to be using two examples; this "mlg knife skillz" video and my own "The Ring - TV Scene". Now this rant is about the quality of both the content posted on Gallery and it's reply. Now regardless of which video you prefer; it doesn't really take a genius to tell which one took longer to make. Now you're probably just thinking I'm upset because a video of game play with music over it somehow got more response than something I spent much longer on, well this isn't entirely incorrect however I'm not too bothered by what I created not getting much credit since it only took a few hours to make, and it was done for the enjoyment we got out of filming. What bothers me about Gallery is that people creating content that they at least spent time on are getting buried under this pile of 'stuff' that could of easily been made within half an hour. However even then I'm not too bothered, most of this content does actually make me laugh sometimes, it's the loving cancerous replies to this 'stuff' that gets on my nerves. Most comments on these videos or threads go along the lines of "10/10 i cri everytim mlg pro" and it isn't anywhere near funny or anywhere near original.

Anyway credit to Arekan for this rant idea, he makes this point very clear in the "mlg knife skillz" thread. Sadly tons of people are gonna continue spewing this stuff into Gallery, and I don't really think much can change that.

I can't really appreciate your video because I've already seen a Blockland version of the same scene.

aka you're butthurt that people like his video more than yours. 0/10, op.

I can't really appreciate your video because I've already seen a Blockland version of the same scene.
Even though this thread isn't really about my video, the one you're referring I actually made as well a couple of years back, I reposted it with my other old videos a couple of weeks ago however Youtube screwed up and I deleted the thread. The new one is sort of a remake.

while OP is probably just mad his video is less popular, like yosher said, im gonna go ahead and say im sick of stuffty jokes like mlg pro x360x being more popular than actual content.

I think Taboo put it nicely.

It's still funny to most people, regardless of what you think. Get over it.

Quality of a video ≠ Time spent on video

the mlg pro video was stuffty as forget and should probably not belong in Gallery, but the "the ring - tv scene" video was p good imo.

Why do people make a big deal out of these
I mean seriously you can just completely ignore it if you wanted to

Noedit:
...because it's not like they're half of the gallery section. But if it was than there would be a reason to complain.

you could also ignore poop on your floor

I really think that the mlg is over used and stuff and I got bored after a while,the Ring was actually creative to me.Taking a scene from a show/movie was amazing.

you could also ignore poop on your floor
Not the same at all
You can ignore the posts without having to clean it up

i dont think any video should be in the gallery.

so nuts to both your examples.