Author Topic: [V2.1] BLB Door/switch pack - The garage door is here!  (Read 28427 times)

Hi there.
After nearly 6 years of playing this game and doing pretty much nothing to contribute to the community apart from hosting some servers now and then I though it was time to get in to add-on making. Because I've always wanted some oddly specific doors, I decided to start there. LeetZero, jes00, General and ZSNO have been a huge help, and I can now present to you, my first set of 4 BLB doors! I'll add to this pack if I get any more unique door ideas (which you may supply in this thread if you have any), but for now we've got these 4 doors:

This is a simple 6-wide sliding space/vault door. I loved the one in the old JVS pack, but that was 5 bricks tall and had no frame.

A double glass door that looks a lot like the default 'glassiest' door, but without a frame in the middle. This door is 8 bricks wide. Great for shops. Do note the open version in this frame looks somewhat ridiculous due to my high FOV of 100, it's exactly the same size as the closed doors.

Castle gate door. Basically the same as in the old JVS content pack, but as a BLB this time. Do note that this was made from scratch and not crappily ported or something. The closed version has the spikes you see on the open version sitting just underground, so if you suspend the brick you'll be able to see them. Tiles perfectly horizontally, and semi-perfectly vertically, but you can't really open it while looking good if you stack 2 on top of eachother anyways.

One of those double doors, as requested by The Brighter Dark. Named floppy door because they go flop flop flop when you open them and let them fall shut. Also, blue reminds me of floppy disks. I really couldn't come up with a better name. The black is permanent, the blue area is recolorable.

A light switch. Incredibly satisfying to use for some reason. I guess it's that clicky sound. This resembles the JVS one almost exactly, but is a completely handmade model that I made from scratch and therefor is not a crappy port of the JVS model.

Button. A really basic button that also resembles the JVS one a lot. I'm enjoying this modeling thing and am sort of considering remaking all of JVS in 6-height blb doors/switches. Again, made from scratch, not a port, blah blah blah.

Garage door. As requested. This door is 7 bricks high instead of the usual 6 to allow for easier passage of vehicles. Also note that this door has no frame, so it's tileable (you can put them side by side to make a bigger garage door).

Personal favorite, the Left 4 Dead door. This door has a Closed stage, the first one you see here, an openCW stage, on which the bar is removed, and an openCCW stage in which the door is fully opened. To event this door so that on the first click you remove the bar, and on the second click you open the door, use this:

Only able to open it, not close it afterwards:

Able to close the door again:

Obviously the use of the CCW door as the fully opened stage makes it so this door can't be opened counterclockwise, but it's really silly for a barricaded door to be able to do so anyways.

Download
Version 2.0: Click this, mediafire link

Comes fully equipped with icons etcetera.

Version 2.1:
Added garage door

Version 2.0:
Added floppy door
Added light switch
Added button
Optimized L4DdoorClosed
Optimized L4DdoorOpenCW
Optimized CastleGateClosed
Optimized CastleGateOpen

Version 1.1:
Fixed the L4D door opening in an illogical direction

Version 1:
First release

Have fun with it, and any constructive criticism is very welcome. Also, remember to suggest door ideas if you've got any.
Again, massive thanks to LeetZero, jes00, General and ZSNO.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:20:10 PM by TheArmyGuy »

That reminds me that the glassiest door doesn't have a reverse version of itself

hot beans. these are useful

Just noticed the space/vault door looks like the teeth go the wrong way if it's opened, but that's because the open version is rotated 180 degrees versus the closed one, no idea why I did that.
Fixed the image.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:55:11 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Awesome, these will come in useful

These are amazing, please make more! We need more quality doors.

Obviously the use of the CCW door as the fully opened stage makes it so this door can't be opened counterclockwise, but that's really silly for a barricaded door to be able to do so anyways.

The I think the barricaded door should open the other way tho...

The I think the barricaded door should open the other way tho...
Now that you mention it, that's pretty silly of me. I'll change it asap.

EDIT: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:36:14 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Fantastic! I don't think you should have these in a different sub category as the default doors though.

Fantastic! I don't think you should have these in a different sub category as the default doors though.
They're placed into the same subcategory as LeetZero's door bricks.

EDIT: Pls request doors, I'm bored.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:53:51 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Large garage/hanger door?

now people can mistake armyunit for you and ask him for doors

They're placed into the same subcategory as LeetZero's door bricks.

EDIT: Pls request doors, I'm bored.
Security door with a slot to slide a card through

now people can mistake armyunit for you and ask him for doors
Do you have any idea.
How much.
I get bugged.
No pun intended.
For the MAS bug mod?

Anyways, making the security door first since I have to make a new frame for the garage door which is math and boring so I'll do that tomorrow.

EDIT: Is this somewhat like what you're looking for?

Same principle as the L4D door. Should I make the height of the bars smaller?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:00:11 PM by TheArmyGuy »