Poll

What Next?

Taboob wants random crits, do ett.
5 (8.3%)
Add simplified support for weapons that don't raycasting.
9 (15%)
Find a way to make limited ammo work.
10 (16.7%)
Better sounds/Pretty effects plz.
7 (11.7%)
Make more guns for HK.
26 (43.3%)
Autoupdater Plz.
3 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Rykuta's Weaponset Stuff V0.8/0.7 [WIP] [8/7/14] (HK AND BEYOND)  (Read 11894 times)

I don't know how many of you have been keeping up to date with my coding progress or any of my armaments, (HK Being a good example); but I've been working on and refining some codes I call my "AdvGuns Support". The premise behind them is simple: To allow for the most advanced and well integrated armament features that any up and coming weapon designer would be at a loss without. The codes themselves are (Hopefully) well written, easy to understand, and implementation is as easy as adding the:

Code: [Select]
RYG_Support = 1; (That minus is an Equals... wtf?)
Into your guns, among a few other interesting values, allowing for maximum customization.

As this is strictly a code project, there are no real pictures I can show, just feature listings, and a few interesting points worth noting.

Features Included:
  • Adaptive ammo system: Different from Space Guy's version, featuring a setItem fix for events that force items into the player's inventory.
  • Includes dryfire support: AKA Firing without any bullets in the mag. (Can Be Toggled Via RTB)
  • Extra round support: Allows for there to be an extra round in a mag if you reload it without emptying the clip, for example: 15/30 goes to 31/30 bullets. (Can Be Toggled Via RTB)
  • Advanced Recoil Codes and Falloff Functions: Functions included to allow weapons a wide variety of spread and damage features.
  • Movement Modifiers: These are significantly more dynamic than the simple "IF VELOCITY > 1" codes. These will take into account the player's velocity, and how long since the user stopped moving, so accuracy will not return to flawless when the player isn't moving, and moving faster will cause recoil to increase.
  • SpamFire Support: These recoil codes require a user to have short controlled bursts for more accuracy, as spamming the trigger or firing often will cause the weapon's recoil to skyrocket, allowing for interesting burst requirements if the user wishes to retain accuracy.
  • Damage Falloff: Weapon damage falls off with range, further the bullet travels, the less damage it deals. (Can Be Toggled Via RTB)
  • Bipod Support: Weapons can implement a Bipod to correct accuracy, The bipod works by requiring players to find the TOP OF A BRICK and right click. This will stabilize the gun and greatly reduce recoil. It also has crouching protect, which says that if you deploy your bipod while crouching, and then uncrouch, you will also undeploy your bipod.
  • Supports both Raycasting and Non-Raycasting: The codes have been written with support functions that can be implemented by old-school weapon developers who still feel the need to use non-raycasting weapons, although at the moment, more support exists for raycasting.
  • Simple & Elegant implementation: Because understanding giant functions is a hard thing to do, and copy-pasting them is even more annoying (See T+T if you don't know what I'm talking about) I have developed all of these codes to be as easy to implement as adding a new variable to your datablock. So even complete weapon designer novices can use these advanced features in their weapons, and make top notch designs.

The features listed above are for the most part completed, there may be some refining to do here and there.

This topic probably looks very familiar, as I made a very similar one, (mostly identical now that I think about it), a while back. The only difference this time around is that I am including two files to download; the (Incomplete) support codes, and some useful weapon assets that I like to use (WIP). These add-ons will be separately developed from the mainstream HK and any other weapon-sets that I create in the future; they are also available for you to use at your own pleasure in your own projects. If you have suggestions or want me to change, edit, fix, improve, add certain features; feel free to write the changes and show them to me, or simply suggest them to me and I'll get to all of them eventually.

The goal here is to simplify the process of weapon creation to allow for a multitude of creative balancing options and unique weapon handling styles while also simultaneously making it super easy to mass produce different weapons of varying type, I will also be creating a tutorial video on how to create weapons, whether you use my support codes or write your own.

Download Some Support Codes! (If you plan on ever using HK once Khain stops being dead, I recommend you download both of these now.)

V0.8 Advanced Weapons! (Support code that lets you do everything I listed above, and more.) (WIP)
V0.7 Weaponset Assets! (Fancy sounds/effects) (WIP)

I have not had proper time to test the RyAsset file enough to make sure it actually functions properly, As it is definitely incomplete, please let me know if you notice anything Odd going on with the HK pack if you use them in conjunction.

Keep in mind neither are feature complete, so please read the version numbers on each of them! And if you have any questions please: Ask them here!

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO CREDIT ME WHEN USING THESE, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Also: Check out the HK Topic to see very early versions of the weaponset, as well as a more recent alpha build!

And if anyone wants to do me a solid and make this topic look much prettier, that would be awesome! I'm not very good at being artsy fartsy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:18:43 PM by Rykuta »

Test These For Me Here!

-Test initiative-

Weapon Feel, are the effects pleasant to look at do the weapons function in the ways they should? How can the effects be improved?

-Upcoming Features Next Major Update-
  • More weapon editions (New modeler?)
  • Regular Projectile Support
  • Auto-Updates
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:06:44 PM by Rykuta »

These are exclusively code, there are no models or fancy things I can show with still images. If you would like a video, I can do that to demonstrate the uses; however I lack proper recording software.

Unless you actually want me to take a screen capture comparing using these codes for weapon dev, against another weapon that does not?

they mean khains alpha guns you posted

they mean khains alpha guns you posted
The scripts are stand-alone and work with more than just HK; showing specific images from HK would not enhance the presentation of a purely coding based project. If you wish to look at pictures of HK: Click Here

UPDATE: Asset files have been modified slightly to curve the weapon impacts "LOL IM IN SPACE NOW MAH" Nonsense.

rad, guess this'll be my optional ammo system
random crits when

definitley utilizing this

i'm actually going to vote for the nonraycasting weapon support simplification over what i actually want because that frankly feels more important than me; randomized crits are for a secondary project that is only half mine to begin with :V

voted for pretty fx bc im doing them l0l

Legitly done with running errands and working on other crap so I'll get to work on them now

z-zloff your avatar
it took me a moment of staring to comprehend
i am oddly aroused