Author Topic: Target Event - Owner | Radar Mod | Updated Compass Mod | +More  (Read 4022 times)

I am working on a new RPG server with the goal of being the most realistic ever on Blockland. While this probably does not interest you, I'm sure some of these cool mod ideas will. These are kids that I will need for my server, in order of importance.

Target Event - Owner (Player/Client)
I need a mod that can target the owner of a brick. Needs to work with default inputs and especially MarbleMan's buying event inputs. Zone Event inputs would also be very helpful, but not necessary. Hopefully this won't be stuff on by badspot for being abusive as a brick owner should be able to control the brick's events.
Thank you so much, Greek2Me!

Below isn't absolutely necessary but it would be very cool.

Updated Compass Mod (topic) (download)
New features would include but not be limited to:
1. Ability to change the color of radar blips in the waypoint menu
2. Ability to add waypoints by typing in x/y coordinates in the waypoint menu.
3. Distance from waypoint (measured in bricks) shown next to waypoint names in the waypoint menu.

Radar Script
A 2d ATC Localizer-like top-down positioner for players. I actually have one but it's private. I've asked the owner if I can give it to scripters who agree to update it in a PM, but he hasn't responded.
If I can give the mod out, this is the list of updates that would be suggested:
1. Longer range per radio tower. Seriously, it's sometimes easier just to look without the radar.
2. Get coordinates from player. Would allow you to click a player in the bottom-right and it would display coordinates for that player under them. Click again to hide.
3. Players do or do not show on radar. Players would gain the ability to type /radar to toggle whether or not they can be seen on the radar. Admins can type /forceradar [playername] to toggle forcing a player to be visible on radar.
4. Uses a player's callsign instead of number, removes number system except for radar bricks.
5. Shows altitude, speed, and direction under the blips for players.
6. Removes ATC chat functions.
I know that this is probably hard to work with, without having the actual mod, but hopefully it'll come soon.

Below is less cool needed but if someone wants to make it that would be great.

Realistic Medical System
Would contain two items:
1. First Aid Kit - Either stops bleeding or heals very slowly depending on if it's possible to make players bleed up to 50 health points when they take damage without using a weapon pack or playertype. (Flexible: Willing to possible use a tactical playertype edit. However if tactical player is edited I need it to have 3 versions, one with 5, one with 6, and one with 7 slots.) Also if possible make maximum healing be 50 points of health. Can be used on yourself and others.

2. Surgical Kit - Heals a lot of health fairly quickly. Can only be used on others.

Restricted Events
I don't know if this exists or not, basically it would allow you to restrict any event you want so that regular players can't use it. It would still let regular players have it on their bricks, but it has to be done by an admin. (to prevent abuse)

Police Computer (not needed but it'd be really nice)
/searchID [ID] - Searches for the BL_ID in the database. It says the BL_ID, online/offline, and tags in the chat for that ID.
/listcategories - Lists the tag categories.
/createcategory [category name] [default tag] - Creates a category using the name and default tag that you list. (Host only)
/removecategory [name] - Removes the category (Host only)
/listeditrights - Lists everyone with edit rights
/granteditrights [ID] - Gives that ID the right to edit the computer. (Host only)
/revokeeditrights [ID] - Revokes that ID's right to edit the computer.
/edittag [ID] [Category Name] [Tag] - Changes the tag for that ID, in that category, to what you put in the third space.
/toggleaccess - Toggles whether or not everyone can access the computer. When you type the command, it sends a chat message to the server saying "Access to the computer is now: ["Public or "Restricted"]"
/listaccessrights - Lists everyone who has the right to access the computer.
grantaccessrights [ID] - Gives that ID the right to access the computer. (Host only)
/revokeaccessrights [ID] - Revoke's that ID's right to access the computer
/listcalls - lists all active callouts
/addcall [Description] - Adds a call to the call list. Requires edit rights. Calls numbered by how recently they were made (1 being oldest call). Calls clear when server ends
/closecall [Number] - Removes the call number from the list.
/policecomputerhelp - Lists all of the commands above

If you try to type any of these commands besides /policecomputerhelp and you don't have permission, it says "You don't have permission to do this, sorry."

If you type a command but it can't find what you are trying to do, for example, if you typed the wrong ID when searching, it says "Sorry, but the computer is unable to find what you are searching for. Please review your command."
The list of IDs that you can search for is made up of every ID that has ever spawned on the server.
(Old request: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=249612.0)

Feedback, commentary, and related suggestions that could help me (bumps) appreciated, and if you actually make one of these mods I will love you forever.

tl;dr - read the bolded titles
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:30:51 PM by Who Cares99 »

Updated OP with 2 new requests.

/support

I feel the radar mod could be abused in some ways. But I dunno how it would work exactly in a fixed script so. :l

/support

I feel the radar mod could be abused in some ways. But I dunno how it would work exactly in a fixed script so. :l
I don't think it could be abused because you can choose whether or not you are visible on radar   

/support

Also, it will be client to server communication, so it only will work for that server (unless other servers have the mod as well)

Also, it will be client to server communication, so it only will work for that server (unless other servers have the mod as well)
The way it is now, it has a server-sided mod and a client-sided GUI downloaded separately.

I'm willing to give scripters access to the ATC/Radar mod to update it.

A hallucinatory man was driving a stolen car very quickly down a road. He saw a wooden post in the road and decided to run through it. He knew that he needed to watch out for obstacles in the road to prevent car damage, or being sent flying. Well, all the post would do was slow him down a bit and damage the stranger's car, no big deal. Plus, it seemed like fun, and the car had a ram bar. With the engine pushing the car at full speed, the man hit what he thought was the post. He screamed as his wheels lifted off of the ground. Looking back, hallucinations gone, his mistake was clear.
The post was a bump.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:35:26 PM by Who Cares99 »

I feel bad bumping this so much but I need this made

9/11 comments are by me now. Yay for bumping.

I'll do the Owner target for you.