Is this laptop good for it's price?

Author Topic: Is this laptop good for it's price?  (Read 902 times)

touchscreen notebook
just think of that real quick

sure it might have an i5 but goddamn it won't have a good video card

depends on what you want it to do.
gaming, hell no lol
video editing/music/school/modeling/art etc. then yes its good

depends on what you want it to do.
gaming, hell no lol
video editing/music/school/modeling/art etc. then yes its good
youre not doing any video editing or modeling with an integrated gpu

It's not bad at all. FHD screen, 8gb ram, touch for win8, i5-4200U, 750gb capacity, and included office are all great things to have for $600. If you want to game on it though, you could find much better stuff at $800 - $1000

youre not doing any video editing or modeling with an integrated gpu
cpu rendering

It's not bad at all. FHD screen, 8gb ram, touch for win8, i5-4200U, 750gb capacity, and included office are all great things to have for $600. If you want to game on it though, you could find much better stuff at $800 - $1000

Office costs extra, but idc about office. And the only PC games I ever play are emulators and stuff for old games. Will I have a problem with those, because they work fine on this 4-6 year old computer I'm using now.

I don't have $800-$1000 to work with.

My question now, is can I find a laptop this good for cheaper?

pretty slow compared to gpu rendering
No one gives a stuff about slow. It's a laptop, and I don't do any modeling or video editing.

No one gives a stuff about slow. It's a laptop, and I don't do any modeling or video editing.
what are you going to use it for
we need this information yo

what are you going to use it for
we need this information yo
Dual booting with Arch Linux. Probably the most graphically intensive thing I'll do is play Minecraft, which runs fine on my current laptop which is very old.

And my previous question remains:
Can I get the same thing for cheaper?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:28:31 PM by blueblur121 »

probably not if you still want an i5

Okay. It's settled. I might bump this if I have any other questions. Thanks for the help.

I'd look elsewhere, HP only made good business laptops (and this was like early-mid 2000s; I'm not sure if they still do)

No one gives a stuff about slow.
wtf are you talking about lol