Author Topic: Model testing in-game  (Read 1495 times)

Hi, I'm wondering how most model creators generally test their model in-game; relaunching blockland and starting a server can be time consuming for me and I'm wondering if there are any other ways to do it directly in-game without having to re-launch blockland each time. Thanks.

There is/was a way I think. Basically you start up your server and leave it like that, go into your modeling program and finish what you're doing and get it in game via packaging. There was some command you can use to load an add-on not enabled or something.

There is/was a way I think. Basically you start up your server and leave it like that, go into your modeling program and finish what you're doing and get it in game via packaging. There was some command you can use to load an add-on not enabled or something.
exec("add-ons/player_feralHound/server.cs");
:cookie:

If it's in a package, you have to deactivate the package using deactivatePackage(packagename);, and then execute it so it will activate the new package with the new code. Also, if it contains datablocks, I'm pretty sure you have to do exec("Path/to/file.cs"); transmitDatablocks();or something like that. Not entirely sure though, as I rarely work with datablocks.

If it's in a package, you have to deactivate the package using deactivatePackage(packagename);, and then execute it so it will activate the new package with the new code.
False.

If it's in a package, you have to deactivate the package using deactivatePackage(packagename);, and then execute it so it will activate the new package with the new code. Also, if it contains datablocks, I'm pretty sure you have to do exec("Path/to/file.cs"); transmitDatablocks();or something like that. Not entirely sure though, as I rarely work with datablocks.
nearly everything you said was wrong. the codes, not sure, but you definitely dont need to deactivate anything. in fact, you dont need to use transmitdatablocks, i could load several playertypes into the game using the console command i posted.

in fact, you dont need to use transmitdatablocks, i could load several playertypes into the game using the console command i posted.
90% sure that's false.

90% sure that's false.
Minifig, Xenomorph, Berg, just off the top of my head. while hosting, and other people could use them.

Minifig, Xenomorph, Berg, just off the top of my head. while hosting, and other people could use them.
Were they executed at server start and then just re executed? Was the model changed at all?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:21:09 AM by jes00 »

Does transmitDatablocks(); also refresh the model, or are those only preloaded?