Author Topic: Ghille's Pixel CTF Beta Server  (Read 1474 times)

What is this?
While working on Pixel Spells I wanted to create a deathmatch server alongside. This server will be testing the weapons and maps to see how everything plays and works together. I tried to recreate Quake-esque gameplay for a good ol fast paced deathmatch as Red and Blue fight for each others flags.

Choose-A-Spell
When you spawn you will be greeted with the option to choose the spell you will be using that life. Here's a list of the spells and how they work:

Rapid Fire
-Fast fire rate
-Does 15 DMG per shot
-Limited range, projectiles will die once they reach a certain point
-Crazy Spread

Bomb
-Direct hits are a one shot kill
- Has a decent sized explosion radius that will damage/kill enemies
-Limited range
-Projectiles are fired on an arc
-Somewhat slower fire rate than the other spells

Ranged
-Normal shots do 30 dmg
-Charged shots are a one shot kill
-Charged shots have a slight radius that may damage enemies
-It is possible to explosive jump on a charged shot
-Very slow fire rate
-Charge takes a few seconds

Health
-If fired at a team mate, it will restore 10 HP
-If fired at an enemy it will steal 15 hp from them and give it to you
-Limited range
-Projectiles spread

Reflector
-When holding down fire the spell will reflect any projectiles you are aiming at
-Use this if you want to be the annoying person
-If you take this spell you have nothing else to defend yourself with

When are you hosting this?
I don't know to be honest, random times. I'd really, really, really appreciate it if someone offered a free hosting service. I would pay for one, but unfortunately I don't have the money to do so nor know any good services.

So you're only hosting one map?
Currently yes, but in future I hope to maybe add more maps that aren't just ctf. Please feel free to build your own and send them to me. Here are some quick design tips:
-Build everything to work with the quake-like player type
-Try to include open spaces and multiple heights
-Remember to idiot proof the map

Remember this is a beta!
Some things will be in a very unpolished state (reflector spell for example), everything is subject to change. I will gladly accept any constructive criticism.

Server Status
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:45:00 PM by Ghille »

At the time of writing, cant seem to join the server. I get sent to "Sending punch packet..." about four times, then it repeats from "Sending Challenge request" until it times out. Something on my end?

At the time of writing, cant seem to join the server. I get sent to "Sending punch packet..." about four times, then it repeats from "Sending Challenge request" until it times out. Something on my end?
It's not up right now, will be up later tho. I'm launching it right now.

It would be nice if people would join.

It would be nice if people would join.
it would be nice if someone offered free hosting :(