Should Mentally Disabled People be Allowed to Reproduce?

Poll

"

Yes
33 (28.7%)
No
36 (31.3%)
Depends
46 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Should Mentally Disabled People be Allowed to Reproduce?  (Read 4043 times)

it's a free country let them do what they want

it's a free country
i hate it when people use this excuse in an argument

god bless america

i hate u

^^^^^^^
makes me think about the topic in hand more

It's not an excuse, the government shouldn't have a say in the issue. Eugenics is wrong and should never be supported.

America already went through it's "Eugenics phase". It's like the Emo phase in kids, it happens once, and then you never look back on it.

You must not have seen forest gump

It really depends, if their mental instability is inherited from their parents, then no
However, if it was a birth complication, I.e. Schizophrenia or a really severe ADHD that makes you unable to do stuff yourself, then I suppose so. It depends in the situation.

as long as the person is capable of being a parent i think it's fine
also the child wont always be disabled if they have reccesive genes

but then again china's still going to plough ahead with it's eugenics program
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:24:06 AM by lolz?? »

i dont think drastically like "handicaps are here for my amusement" but i dont think they should reproduce en masse unless theres a surefire way to determine whether or not their kid wont be a disabled also.  i think its wrong to ignorantly produce a child especially if you know you could potentially forget up its life.  its not a bigot thing its a survival of the fittest thing

i think its wrong to ignorantly produce a child especially if you know you could potentially forget up its life
this may not be the world for you