Author Topic: The Rec. Drug Thread - FAQ, Q&A, General Information  (Read 343866 times)

I know there isn't a legal growing age, but what are they doing with the crop?
Ostensibly they're going to dry and smoke it. But there's still no 'legal age' for that, it's illegal for everyone.

They're just blatantly disregarding the law.

Ostensibly they're going to dry and smoke it. But there's still no 'legal age' for that, it's illegal for everyone.

They're just blatantly disregarding the law.
But for the one place in the US where it is legal, he's still 2/3 of the age of consent consumption, and that makes him imo too young for drugs, which is the point I was trying to make.

But for the one place in the US where it is legal, he's still 2/3 of the age of consent consumption, and that makes him imo too young for drugs, which is the point I was trying to make.
It's irrelevant what the laws are in CO because he doesn't live there. Girls in the US are probably 2/3 as covered up as law mandates in Saudi Arabia, does that automatically mean that girls in the US aren't covered enough? I agree that he's too young to be doing drugs but it's not like he's never had someone tell him that before. It's pointless to continuously tell someone they're doing something wrong when they don't care.

A lot of the stuff people talk about doing in this thread is illegal, but you don't see people bitching about it. Just dont bring up any laws in a thread like this, its better that way.

Found out my sis has been smoking pot. I asked how much it would be to get a gram and she said $20. Research tells me that it better be some prime stuff to be worth it.

Found out my sis has been smoking pot. I asked how much it would be to get a gram and she said $20. Research tells me that it better be some prime stuff to be worth it.
idk what its like 400 houses away from Steve5451², but when i think 20$ i generally think moderately decent loud. im always interested in how weeds priced in other places lol

It's irrelevant what the laws are in CO because he doesn't live there. Girls in the US are probably 2/3 as covered up as law mandates in Saudi Arabia, does that automatically mean that girls in the US aren't covered enough? I agree that he's too young to be doing drugs but it's not like he's never had someone tell him that before. It's pointless to continuously tell someone they're doing something wrong when they don't care.
I wasn't telling him not to do it or that it's wrong to, I just think he's a little too young. I honestly couldn't care less what he does. And I don't really think the Saudi Arabia brown townogy applies here

And I don't really think the Saudi Arabia brown townogy applies here

It doesn't apply here, and that was exactly my point. The laws in CO don't apply to him because he doesn't live in CO. The laws of Saudi Arabia don't apply here because we don't live in Saudi Arabia.

It doesn't apply here, and that was exactly my point. The laws in CO don't apply to him because he doesn't live in CO. The laws of Saudi Arabia don't apply here because we don't live in Saudi Arabia.
Not to get too involved in this, just let me clarify. I was saying that in that one place where weed is legal, the legal age is 21. So in a way, it sorta becomes default for the rest of the nation since it's the only one, I guess. I was just using the age as an example, not as a requirement.

That's not how laws work at all. National laws apply to all states, but state laws do not apply to other states. At all.

Oh cool I'm in school again, for the second time today!

That's not how laws work at all. National laws apply to all states, but state laws do not apply to other states. At all.
I know how government works, but I'm saying the one place it is legal, the age is 21. I'm just using that as sort of an unofficial standard because out of any other place in the US, that is the lowest, because it is the only. Please understand what I'm saying because I can't put exactly what I meant in to words.

You're trying to say that 21 is the de facto standard for the rest of the US because there are no other competing laws that challenge the validity of CO's laws.

I'm saying that logic is faulty. I'm not saying that the reason laws from CO don't apply to the rest of the US is because that's not how the government works. I'm saying that laws from CO don't apply to the rest of the US because there is zero reason they would. CO has precedent on the legal age of consumption for marijuana, and other states are likely to use that as a guide when legalizing in the future, but in the mean time you cannot apply CO's laws to other states because they're sovereign entities.

You're trying to say that 21 is the de facto standard for the rest of the US because there are no other competing laws that challenge the validity of CO's laws.

I'm saying that logic is faulty. I'm not saying that the reason laws from CO don't apply to the rest of the US is because that's not how the government works. I'm saying that laws from CO don't apply to the rest of the US because there is zero reason they would. CO has precedent on the legal age of consumption for marijuana, and other states are likely to use that as a guide when legalizing in the future, but in the mean time you cannot apply CO's laws to other states because they're sovereign entities.
I think I have better wording for what I'm trying to say using the Law of stuff I Learned In Geometry:
If weed is legal, then the minimal age of consumption is 21.
If the minimal age of consumption is 21, then 14 is too young.
Therefore, if weed is legal, then 14 is too young.

And yes I know that weed isn't legal where he lives but the point still applies I think

Gah if this doesn't work I might just stop

I agree with you that if weed were legal the minimal age of legal consumption would be 21. But it's not legal.

If weed were not psychoactive, the minimal age of legal consumption would be zero. But it is psychoactive.
If weed were part of our culture, the minimal age of legal consumption would be significantly lower than 21. But it isn't.
If weed were similar to tobacco in effect and health consequence, the minimal age of legal consumption would be 18. But it isn't.

You could make up a bunch of imaginary stipulations that would change the legal consumption age. The thing is, none of those stipulations are true so they're not worth considering.

What is worth considering is medical research that shows the effects of marijuana use on teenagers and compares it to the effects of marijuana use on adults. And, yes this data does show that 14 year olds should not smoke weed.

okay so i can attest that my frined buying a blunt (and a tiny nug the dealer threw in) for thirtty dollars was not the best idea but at least it was really nice and sweet

it even smelled sweet it didnt smell like por it was really good
mightve just been the blunt though ya feel me it was a black peoples blunt