waffle's getting braces

Poll

how bad would you say braces hurt when you get them on for the first time

doesn't hurt that bad
7 (33.3%)
it hurts a lot
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: waffle's getting braces  (Read 1734 times)

i'm getting braces today, and i'm kinda nervous about it. at least, about how much it's gonna hurt. my mom says it's not gonna really hurt, while my dad says it's gonna hurt like hell.

thing is, neither of them got braces.

forums, help me

Talk to people you know who have had braces, a stuffton of people I know have/had braces and said its sore for a couple days when you get them, then whenever they need to be tightened. I'm also gonna find out if I'll have braces put in within the next month.

won't they numb you up first

My friend said that her mouth hurt on the first day she'd gotten braces, but I think your body just ignores the pain over time

They don't numb you up and the first week really painful. But once that's over, you're golden

First week sucks, after that it doesn't hurt.  Until you get them tightened, then they hurt for 2-3 days.
Take Ibuprofen or something, helps a lot.

I guess only if you have to have teeth out.
From what I've heard having the wire tightened is the only thing that hurts as part of the process barring teeth extractions (which arent always necessary). So probably not.

the week after you get them on is the worst, after that itll be progressively shorter times after you get your braces tightened until you get your braces off

yes, it will hurt. hurts when braces are attached, hurts when wire is tightened.
it's not that bad, though. just bear through it.

Talk to people you know who have had braces, a stuffton of people I know have/had braces and said its sore for a couple days when you get them, then whenever they need to be tightened. I'm also gonna find out if I'll have braces put in within the next month.
i do have one friend who has braces, she said her mouth was sore for a few days after she got them
i don't think so- but i was numbed when i got teeth pulled
First week sucks, after that it doesn't hurt.  Until you get them tightened, then they hurt for 2-3 days.
Take Ibuprofen or something, helps a lot.
does tylenol work
the week after you get them on is the worst, after that itll be progressively shorter times after you get your braces tightened until you get your braces off
yes, it will hurt. hurts when braces are attached, hurts when wire is tightened.
it's not that bad, though. just bear through it.
how many times would someone typically get their braces tightened

here lies wafflecake

she got braces.

teeth movement always hurts. even with no braces teeth move on their own so they generate random tooth pain
its not painful as in you will crawl on the ground crying. its just unsettling.

how many times would someone typically get their braces tightened
every 4-6 weeks until your treatment is done

For me, it hurt really bad for the first week, and then it was petty site every time I got them tightened.