Author Topic: why do people obsess over celebrities  (Read 2376 times)

i don't get it. none of them actually like the music, say if it's a producer, none of them like the tv show, if it's a tv show.

why do bratty teenagers obsess over celebrities

>assuming only teenagers talk about celebrities

stop obsessing over snoop dog ok ill cut you

it's not just teenagers

I don't know. A lot of celebrities are just hot, which is why people like them. Because they're pleasant to look at.

a related question is "Why are people like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous?"

a related question is "Why are people like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous?"
Because they have money and have had love-tapes/researchos made with them.
That's the entire reason why. They're celebrities for having a rooster in them on video.

A better question: why do William, Kate, and their kid have to be celebrities in America?

A better question: why do William, Kate, and their kid have to be celebrities in America?
Because one day they'll rule one of the most powerful countries in the world. Seems like a much more justifiable celebrity than a coke-whore.

Agreeing with that logic. Is obama and his family all over news sources in the UK?

because they're royalty and rich, pretty much all americans like that stuff

No, he's not but neither is David Cameron's family. I think the reason why people are fascinated by the royal family goes beyond the fact that they're powerful and I really don't know why there's such a big fuss over the royal family to be honest.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:12:46 PM by Illuminati »

Agreeing with that logic. Is obama and his family all over news sources in the UK?
Not really no, bar when he is in the news normally.
It's worth noting that the Royal Family aren't entirely viewed as celebrities in the UK. For the most part they are loved, but it's in a different way. Gossip magazines would make you believe otherwise though.

Not really no, bar when he is in the news normally.
It's worth noting that the Royal Family aren't entirely viewed as celebrities in the UK. For the most part they are loved, but it's in a different way. Gossip magazines would make you believe otherwise though.

Yeah that makes sense.

I just find it kind of weird when local news stations are advertising "The Baby Prince's First Playdate" and "The Baby Prince's First Vacation" and little things like that.

Because one day they'll rule one of the most powerful countries in the world. Seems like a much more justifiable celebrity than a coke-whore.
lol the royal family will not "rule" the united kingdom
the royals have literally no power. compared to the prime minister they are nothing.