Author Topic: Organized Color-Set [Please Re-download, Updated!]  (Read 3557 times)

This is an update of the old color-set I made a while ago.
However the topic is too old so I had to make another one.

Download here!

Rate what you want and or make suggestions to help improve the color-set.
However, if the color doesn't match an existing division, then I'm afraid I can't add it due to the 64 color limit. I only have four colors left I could add.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:19:01 PM by Kamutog »

I think you should make transparent versions of those purples and put the transparent white and black in the white/black/brown column

Bootyful
10/10
Saw this on your server!

I haven't tested the color set or even seen it in game, but it looks like there are too many of those orange colors. They all look about the same shade. Although, I don't know what you would replace them with, you may want to think about that. Maybe add some more browns and greys, they are always useful.

Other than those criticisms, I would rate this a 7/10. Probably gonna download this tomorrow when I get on my computer.

I think you should make transparent versions of those purples and put the transparent white and black in the white/black/brown column
How exactly would the transparent purple and pink be used? I can't think of a normal situation where these colors are useful.

I haven't tested the color set or even seen it in game, but it looks like there are too many of those orange colors. They all look about the same shade. Although, I don't know what you would replace them with, you may want to think about that. Maybe add some more browns and greys, they are always useful.

Other than those criticisms, I would rate this a 7/10. Probably gonna download this tomorrow when I get on my computer.
I don't exactly know what you mean by "too many oranges" since I only have two definitive oranges. What I can do to fix this is make the dark orange more dark but still orange, and I'll make the yellows a stronger color of yellow.

Your dark colors are just the regular ones darkened. This is not a good practice.

The color-set has been updated to darken the second orange, and make the yellows more yellow than orange.

If you downloaded before this post, please re-download to update.

Your dark colors are just the regular ones darkened. This is not a good practice.
Well what's wrong with the darks being just the regular colors darkened? Some of the regular colors still serve use with a darker version.

Well what's wrong with the darks being just the regular colors darkened? Some of the regular colors still serve use with a darker version.
They look bad and are generally not useful or as nice looking as dark colors with thought put into them.

They look bad and are generally not useful or as nice looking as dark colors with thought put into them.
What do you suggest I do then? Replace all of the darks with softs?

What do you suggest I do then? Replace all of the darks with softs?
Pick good dark colors. Don't be tempted to make it line up perfectly with the other colors.

Pick good dark colors. Don't be tempted to make it line up perfectly with the other colors.
I don't know what is bad about the dark colors, it's still a variety of darker colors than the normal colors.