Might be getting a kitten

Author Topic: Might be getting a kitten  (Read 742 times)

So there's this little kitten who's taken refuge under our deck for the past couple weeks, and we've been coaxing her into the house every so often to make her comfortable with us. Yesterday my mom said that if we can get her to be less afraid of us, we're planning on taking her in as a pet.
pics

She's been eating cat food that we usually give to our other cat, and got some frontline or some stuff the other day.
/discuss

cats are decent pets I suppose, but I prefer more interactive and affectionate animals

you should definitely take that kitten in, if it trusts you enough to eat your food it'll eventually warm up to you completely

cats are decent pets I suppose, but I prefer more interactive and affectionate pets
No, you can't have a dragon

name her graystripe because of your avatar Aww, that kitten is cute!

No, you can't have a dragon
no stuff, sherlock

did you figure that out yourself

<insert the transparent Kappa I had but can't find for some stupid reason>

I got a kitten a couple weeks ago.
The mother abandoned half her litter of 8 (!)
One of my mom's coworkers have them to another coworker, who fostered them.
We got one when they were about 8 weeks old.

He's adorable

Adam487: http://i.imgur.com/2m9SwZfh.jpg he's just sittin there
Adam487:The blanket is bunched up but there's a gap between it and the wall, and he gets stuck in it :3 http://i.imgur.com/bEArdLNh.jpg

He gets along great with my 9 year old cat (only took a few days) and they'll play with and lick each other

We found a good low income vet place to take him to for checkups, vaccines, and neutering as well, for really cheap
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:00:05 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I would suggest getting some sort of flea treatment on it (if it lived outside as a stray, it likely has fleas) or else fleas will use your house as a breeding ground.

There was a kitten that took refuge near our house a couple years ago. It was a black kitten that we named "Tippy". He eventually just disappeared though, even after we gave him food and a place to lie down.

I might need to get my new kitten a full scratching post. I had several of the cardboard pads for my other cat, who used them, bit the kitten doesn't seem as interested