Author Topic: Any good story-driven web comics?  (Read 1160 times)

I'm starting to get deprived of updates to the three web comics I read religiously. I was wondering if anyone knew any good story-based web comics for me to read while I wait for my favorites to update.

Comics I've been recommended/already reading:

will i be murdered if i suggest homestuck

i mean, it's on hiatus and idk if it's your thing, but it's what got me into webcomics in the first place and it's most definitely story-driven.

i've been reading cucumber quest but it's not like actual heavily story-driven or anything but i like it

i also read dominic deegan which starts off kinda goofy but gets p serious later on (also the art gets better lol) [edit: i just went and checked and apparently it ended like a year ago, so it won't get updated any more]

i linked to the first pages of both cos idk if the main page might be spoilers or not so w/ever

i'm not very good at judging what's a "good story-driven" thingimajig but those two are the only webcomics that come to mind

i'm not sure if its okay if i also mention tgchan which has a /quest/ board that is basically just like webcomics where you can suggest stuff
iirc i can't actually post links to forums or discussion boards or anything like that? i'm not really sure...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:14:30 PM by Maui69 »

will i be murdered if i suggest homestuck

i mean, it's on hiatus and idk if it's your thing, but it's what got me into webcomics in the first place and it's most definitely story-driven.
ha
no but its good until it becomes trollstuck

iirc i can't actually post links to forums or discussion boards or anything like that? i'm not really sure...
You're not allowed to advertise other forums. It's probably the least subjective rule on the forum.

ha
no but its good until it becomes trollstuck

Trollstuck isn't bad though?? And it's not even that long of a segment.

Trollstuck isn't bad though?? And it's not even that long of a segment.
wtf are you talkin about
every new page is about the trolls

wtf are you talkin about
every new page is about the trolls

whoa where did you leave off?? Everything's about both races now, they're in a combined session. And cherubs are now an important thing too.

and what's even so bad about the trolls, they're interesting characters?

don't read homestuck, do yourself a favour
a bit old but it still holds true

Paranatural (Monday, Friday)
An action/comedy about a boy named Max who finds himself able to interact with spirits. The writing is very clever and all of the characters are as lovable as they are insane. The first few pages are black and white but later pages are in full color. My personal favorite.

Saint for Rent (Tuesday, Friday)
Follows the story of an inn for time travelers. The art is awesome and is partially animated.

Stand Still, Stay Silent (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
SSSS takes place in a post-apocalyptic Scandinavia, full of mages, spells, and trolls. It may sound silly, but it's actually pretty dark. The writing is good, the art is gorgeous, and the release schedule is insane.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:51:41 PM by End »

try homestuck
just don't watch anything related to it on YouTube or other sites
or real life

read homestuck but don't get involved with the community, do yourself a favor

Shortly after the trolls are introduced is when it devolves into a mindless pandering cash grab. There isn't really any value.

Shortly after the trolls are introduced is when it devolves into a mindless pandering cash grab. There isn't really any value.
Yeah I can agree.