Author Topic: Photobucket keeps doing weird crap  (Read 1819 times)

Recently, Photobucket has been doing strange things whenever I visit it. About a week ago, a pop up for some kind of computer checkup software would appear whenever I went to the upload page, and I would always close the pop up very quickly. It would actually appear in a new window, so I guess Adblock Plus couldn't do much about it.

Now, it's doing this stuff on every page and after each refresh, and I keep canceling it. (Images attached below)

I'm wondering if I should be worried about this, and if so, what other image hosting service should I use instead?

Oh, and, I'm not going to accept "use a better browser" as an answer, because that's just garbage.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:10:23 AM by IsaacKronenFaust »

what other image hosting service should I use instead?
imgur is much simpler and has minimal ads

Alright. I've signed up for it, and I'm probably gonna start using it from now on. I don't know why Photobucket had to go down the stuffter like this. :/

you don't actually need to make an account to use imgur
unless you really want to save your images
also: when you run out of space on your account, just make a new one with a number slapped on it or something

Unlocked and bumped, because I'm STILL having those pop ups when I visit Photobucket to view an image. I'm not uploading to the site anymore, and am using Imgur without any problems, but I'd just like to know what the application on Photobucket is exactly, and if it's safe to open it so it'll stop asking me.

Photobucket won't seem to let me connect through my Facebook now, for some reason. Which I usually do because I forgot my actual account password. :x

every once and a while those mediafire ads would have an automatic download and would put some thing on my computer called setup.exe
im really tempted to see what it is but i know it isnt good

Photobucket has done this to me too

you don't actually need to make an account to use imgur
unless you really want to save your images
also: when you run out of space on your account, just make a new one with a number slapped on it or something
related:
there is a GREAT extension for imgur if you have chrome. you don't need an imgur account, but it still keeps up with all the images you upload with it, not limited to 250

and it adds some cool options to the context menu

you could also get Greenshot which is a really great screenshotting program for windows that can upload to imgur, and like the extension I was talking about, it keeps track of the images you upload without needing an account on imgur
it's what I uploaded those two screenshots above with

You should get adblock, make sure you have it set to block the bullstuff trickery ads, not ALL the ads. Sites use ads to get money, so if a site uses none bullstuff trickery ads they shouldn't have to suffer.

Everytime I click "upload" on Photobucket it opens up a new tab with the fake "You need to update Java" bs and you cant exit out of it

You should get adblock, make sure you have it set to block the bullstuff trickery ads, not ALL the ads. Sites use ads to get money, so if a site uses none bullstuff trickery ads they shouldn't have to suffer.

I use Adblock Plus, as it says in the original post.

Everytime I click "upload" on Photobucket it opens up a new tab with the fake "You need to update Java" bs and you cant exit out of it

I also got a similar pop up in a new window that would tell me something about "fixing that problem on your PC" or something, I can't remember. forget Photobucket.

inb4ctrlaltdelete

inb4ctrlaltdelete

I was thinking, why do people type alt and ctrl, but spell out the word delete fully? It should either be alternate+control+delete or alt+ctrl+del.