Author Topic: Maze Solving Bot  (Read 1975 times)

Meet MSB

MSB is short for Maze Solving Bot, and is the bot's name. He likes to solve mazes, even the most complex ones. He can solve mazes that would take you a very long time to solve in a much shorter amount of time.
But, what makes him so special is his ability to solve ANY maze you build, even ones that require you to jump, crouch, or even both! As long as you follow the maze guidelines below, he will be able to solve it! He's one smart mass of metal.

This is the empty area, with MSB awaiting you to build something difficult and complex for him to solve.

Maze Guidelines
MSB can solve any maze that follows these guidelines.
-Do not build any traps in your maze. MSB cannot see these traps and cannot learn to avoid them.
-Do not leave any spaces between the ceiling and maze walls. MSB's brain sees this as an opening and path to get to the end of the maze and will attempt to wall climb or do other strange stuff.
-You may expand the maze to be as big as you'd like.
-Load the bricks as yours. This will save you a lot of trouble.
-You can move the maze end anywhere you would like, but make sure that the end brick is named "gold" and that there is only one brick named "gold".
-You can add parts where MSB has to jump, crouch, or both. Just make sure that you can jump/crouch through them yourself.

Download
If you know how this works, please do not say so in this topic. Give players a chance to see for themselves. It's much easier to learn that way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:20:41 PM by -Setro- »

reminds me of this
that was 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:47:01 PM by synthesispandabot »

reminds me of this
that was 5 years ago.
that's pretty nice too
forgot to mention this uses all default events and you don't need to download anything (other than the save :p)

I knew that event existed, but I never thought of using it that way

goToBrick doesn't use pathfinding though...

so it's a bot that uses goToBrick...

Does it really even solve the maze?

Theres a download button
so he probably made sure it works.

Theres a download button
so he probably made sure it works.

10/10.

probably not
anyone want to test thi--

[im g]http://www.leetlegacy.tk/images/captures/imgno001d16m08y2014.png[/img]
10/10.
nice

You know what, eh, forget this. It wasn't my best eventing at all and some users seem to have trouble with it.
It worked for me, but for some reason it wont work with other users.
I apologize.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:17:06 PM by -Setro- »