Author Topic: Newegg shipping == overpriced  (Read 1455 times)

Look at this, the product is loving $47 NZD, and shipping is $43 NZD. :(
anyone got free shipping coupon codes? Or another retailer like amazon with the same product or a better one?
Price range is about $40 NZD can go a little higher (Maybe $50), for shipping and product .-.

well you dont live in civilization

living far away from the warehouse it ships from == expensive

living far away from the warehouse it ships from == expensive
I would've been ok with ordering one from neweggflash ($12 deal for like 5 days) and have the same shipping cost but they don't ship internationally (loving bastards)

well you dont live in civilization
you should be used to this

I would've been ok with ordering one from neweggflash ($12 deal for like 5 days) and have the same shipping cost but they don't ship internationally (loving bastards)
That's the catch. One method is cheap because it's local. The other method is expensive because it isn't local.

That's the catch. One method is cheap because it's local. The other method is expensive because it isn't local.
This. I just purchased $436 worth of stuff from Newegg, shipping was $5. Their shipping really isn't overpriced.

isnt it free if you spend X amount, and obviously still use the longest delivery? i forget how it works, i get my sites mixed up.

isnt it free if you spend X amount, and obviously still use the longest delivery? i forget how it works, i get my sites mixed up.
I doubt it, mine probably would've been free then.

some stuff on amazon can have free shipping if it's a over $35 order, but the free shipping takes 6 to 8 days even though I live pretty damn close to a distribution center(close enough for same day shipping to soon be available)

I doubt it, mine probably would've been free then.

well you are just short of 50 bucks thats why i ask. maybe thats the limit. (if there is one)
buy some other handicapped 4 dollar thing to not have to spend 45 on shipping lol

look up info see how they wanna do it. most all places prefer and can do free shipping so long as they make enough money. small sales they cant afford to do it free.

some stuff on amazon can have free shipping if it's a over $35 order, but the free shipping takes 6 to 8 days even though I live pretty damn close to a distribution center(close enough for same day shipping to soon be available)
I guess I will try amazon, I don't mind if the shipping isn't the same as the actual loving product lol.
well you are just short of 50 bucks thats why i ask. maybe thats the limit. (if there is one)
buy some other handicapped 4 dollar thing to not have to spend 45 on shipping lol

look up info see how they wanna do it. most all places prefer and can do free shipping so long as they make enough money. small sales they cant afford to do it free.
Alright, I guess I can look into it.

I guess I will try amazon, I don't mind if the shipping isn't the same as the actual loving product lol.
Well, it won't be free for you,if that's what you thought, since you aren't in the US, and the offer is only valid here unless there's a different but similar one for you or something.
Here is the text for the "more details" on it; really the requirements.
Quote from: Amazon
Ship your items to a single U.S. address in one of the 50 states. Ship your items to a single U.S. address in one of the 50 states.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:44:51 PM by QuadStorm »

I mean, next day and 2 day shipping is expensive, sure, but if you have premier 3 and more is cheap/free.

Plus you aren't local. Anything that requires flying over an ocean is going to be expensive.

I mean, next day and 2 day shipping is expensive, sure, but if you have premier 3 and more is cheap/free.

Plus you aren't local. Anything that requires flying over an ocean is going to be expensive.
My brother gets much less shipping costs when buying pokemon stuffed animals from japanese PEOPLE and pays shipping for 4/6 days.