Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21642 times)

So quick summary: Zoe Quinn has cheated on her boyfriend with five guys (burgers and fries). One of theses people was her married boss, and another was a writer for Kotaku.

Post from her boyfriend:  http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

Why it is an issue
InternetAristocrat's video: Video
Wizardchan Rebuttal: http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

Excellent post by Comatose

This entire controversy has caused a stuffstorm on reddit.

In an attempt to keep subreddits neutral to the conflict, many moderators have gone out of their way to delete posts regarding the incident. This has resulted in accusations of censorship and moderator bias from members of subreddits such as /r/PCGaming and /r/Games. The situation is ironic, in a way, as a miscommunication between a moderator of /r/PCGaming and a redditor resulted in a subreddit ban for the latter individual. The gist of it can be understood here.

A thread on the matter created in /r/gaming has become a comment graveyard, threads on NeoGAF have been locked, and 4chan threads (which were accused of having investigateed her and were in fact framed) have been deleted. NINJA: Comments have began piling up again and the auto mod has apparently stopped deleting posts as of last night. Disregard this.

Reddit global admins have refused to take action against any type of censorship and have taken a backseat in the matter, denying any requests to remove /r/gaming as a default subreddit or to purge moderators. One moderator in question, El Chupacupcake, is in direct contact with Quinn and was likely motivated in some way to censor posts. Proof.

On an unrelated matter, Quinn contacted the Internet Archive early this morning at approximately 6:35 and had any archived snapshots of gamesnosh thread chronicling the controversy promptly deleted, along with the thread itself. This isn't just the thread either. This is the entire loving website. Proof here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:20:30 PM by Donro98 »

Kotaku is a bunch of feminist shills.
All hail Internet Aristocrat.

Kotaku is a bunch of feminist shills.
All hail Internet Aristocrat.
yeah i hate kotaku

this is pretty offtopic but feminists in the western hemisphere are idiots in my opinion. basically they want to cry about being repressed while hoping for female supremacy when in reality they have equal rights and arguably even more than men.

jesus h christ
what a nice human being zoe is

Feminists will praise her

This entire controversy has caused a stuffstorm on reddit.

Many moderators have gone out of their way to delete posts regarding the incident in varying subreddits. This has resulted in accusations of censorship and moderator bias from members of subreddits such as /r/PCGaming and /r/Games. The situation is ironic, in a way, as a miscommunication between a moderator of /r/PCGaming and a redditor resulted in a subreddit ban for the latter individual. The gist of it can be understood here.

A thread on the matter created in /r/gaming has become a comment graveyard, threads on NeoGAF have been locked, and 4chan threads (which were accused of having investigateed her and were in fact framed) have been deleted. NINJA: Comments have began piling up again and the auto mod has apparently stopped deleting posts as of last night. Disregard this.

Reddit global admins have refused to take action against any type of censorship and have taken a backseat in the matter, denying any requests to remove /r/gaming as a default subreddit or to purge moderators. One moderator in question, El Chupacupcake, is in direct contact with Quinn and was likely motivated in some way to censor posts. Proof.

On an unrelated matter, Quinn contacted the Internet Archive early this morning at approximately 6:35 and had any archived snapshots of gamesnosh thread chronicling the controversy promptly deleted, along with the thread itself. This isn't just the thread either. This is the entire loving website. Proof here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:51:48 PM by Comatose »

It is stuff like this, this entire stuffstorm, that make me wonder if I want to be a dev.

I'm not going to take any side, since they're all loving idiots. It's ridiculous that we're all acting like loving school children and yet we want games to be a "mature art form".

Get your stuff together, Internet.

I think she's pulling the victim complex, and blowing a couple trolls out of proportion. Honestly, her game looks crappy too, the only thing she's good at is fabricating controversy.

I think she's pulling the victim complex, and blowing a couple trolls out of proportion. Honestly, her game looks crappy too, the only thing she's good at is fabricating controversy.
If only there was a term for women that made a living off of fabricating controversy. Possibly controversy that has to do with gender.

also lol @ her trying to get game threads on forums deleted

poor baby doesn't like people calling her out

if she got gamesnosh deleted
then
oh no