2014/08/20 - PAX Prime

Author Topic: 2014/08/20 - PAX Prime  (Read 151519 times)

why stop at blockheads. we can have addons made into merchandise. the hammer, wrench, print gun. posters. clothes

i would buy me a hoodie then proceed to get bullied at school for it. yessss

Seriously though, for plushies and things, you don't need to come up with some fancy way to make things levitate, or have the limbs stitched to their sides.

A piece of black string connecting the shoulders to the hands would be fine. Just a couple mm thick. Surely you wouldn't be that hung up on the fact that your Blockhead doesn't have string in-game?

Feet would be the same (no point doing stands as suggested above for a plushie, and any solid plastic figure you might as well do clear transparent plastic rods from the feet to the hips that would actually support the body), with the same string supporting them.

Or, atlernatively, you'd just use the Peg legs.

I dunno how cost effective it would be to produce some generic Blockland products (I imagine not too expensive if every lame webcomic under the sun can warrant producing it) but I'm sure there would definitely be a market for things like Blockland T-Shirts, Mugs, Badges, etc...
For the most part it is just generic tosh with Blockland logos/images printed on them, but there are plenty of other products out on the web that produce such things.

It could also open you up to doing competitions and things to stir up a bit of advertisement for the game and community interaction. Things like a building, or photo or video contest for clans or individuals, with prizes from those items above.
Similarly you could gain the benefit of the Community Projects/Off-Topic board, in having other competitions not based on building ability or access to editing software and such, which could be caption contests, or Blockland stories (which given the nature of the game can be quite imaginative).
Theme competitions would work well too.
Such competitions could coincide with Steam Sales, and give prizes of a key to give to a friend.

Just a few little things that could be possible, really.

Anyway, more on-topic, I hope Pax is going well for you both and I hope you're getting your fair share of attention.

Put the blockhead on a stand and make him sit

or just make a pirate blockhead and stitch his normal shoe to the peg leg and stitch arms to sides.

or just make a pirate blockhead and stitch his normal shoe to the peg leg and stitch arms to sides.
that could work as well

what if you could pick and choose what your blockhead looked like based on the same options as the in-game avatar?

what if you could pick and choose what your blockhead looked like based on the same options as the in-game avatar?
build-a-blockhead workshop

I want a 2x2 brick pillow plush.