100% Free Driver Updating Software?

Author Topic: 100% Free Driver Updating Software?  (Read 2088 times)

download some more ram while you are at it rofl

Windows is used way more though
So there are more viruses for it
tru
but even if youre using mac/linux you should be a bit cautious

Windows is used way more though
So there are more viruses for it
amount of existing viruses: too many to count
amount of those for windows: a grand majority
amount that i've ever gotten: two, on purpose, as far as I can remember
virus protection: none

tru
but even if youre using mac/linux you should be a bit cautious
Generally when you are installing software onto a Linux computer, it's from officially maintained repositories. Me and Setro use Arch Linux (and manjaro which is basically the same) which uses a set of repositories called core, extra, community, multilib, and aur. All of these are moderated.

However, if you are using something debian based, there is the possibility that you could get a virus, due to the fact that you must manually add repositories in many cases that are sometimes not from official sources.

ok we've spoke enough about this, get back on topic before another thread gets derailed

Solution: If you need a driver update, either do it manually or get software from your hardware manufacturer.

If OP told us what drivers he needed to update then we could give him something specific.

Solution: If you need a driver update, either do it manually or get software from your hardware manufacturer.
This, this, a thousand times this.

Never trust any driver updating software. No matter how legit it may seem, the only reason they exist is to get money out of people who are too stupid to do it themselves. It's always better to just install them on your own, and only update when something breaks.

I really just want my video drivers updated.
Intel.
Also, my old computer did not get a hard drive failure, it had some charging issue.
My dad's old computer had the hard drive failure.

Doesnt intel and dell and other places like that have driver updates for free?

I really just want my video drivers updated.

go to your steam library then in the upper left hand corner hit steam>check for video driver updates

go to your steam library then in the upper left hand corner hit steam>check for video driver updates

been there done that, the intel update check thing doesn't even work

then you probably have the latest...

Intel what? There isn't just one intel graphics card out there.

are you loving kidding me?
you cant just loving search your device online and download the latest drivers?
youre THAT loving lazy?

are you loving kidding me?
you cant just loving search your device online and download the latest drivers?
youre THAT loving lazy?
Seriously.

It doesn't take much to go to the hardware manufacturer's website and click on "DRIVERS".