My phone just quit vibrating

Author Topic: My phone just quit vibrating  (Read 1006 times)

It won't vibrate for anything, calls, texts, any kind of alert. I've checked all the settings and made sure it wasn't turned off on anything. It was working fine earlier, it just all the sudden refused to vibrate. Any ideas/suggestions on what could be the cause?

I'd like to leave factory reset as a last resort.

What phone do you have? Is it old?

Oh probably should have mentioned that. It's a galaxy s4, and i just got it fairly recently

Any kind of physical damage? It could be that the vibrator is broken

Any kind of physical damage? It could be that the vibrator is broken
Not anything that would cause any kind of damage like that. I've dropped it on my floor a few times, but that's carpet so i doubt it's done any damage.

Not anything that would cause any kind of damage like that. I've dropped it on my floor a few times, but that's carpet so i doubt it's done any damage.
Dropping your phone on carpet can still cause damage to it.

Dropping your phone on carpet can still cause damage to it.
I've dropped my old phone from greater heights and it never had any issues. Plus i have a case on it.

And it just started having problems a few minutes ago, and i haven't dropped this phone in about a week.

I've dropped my old phone from greater heights and it never had any issues. Plus i have a case on it.
Not every phone is as resistant to drops, especially smartphones. Some cases don't help this issue.

And it just started having problems a few minutes ago, and i haven't dropped this phone in about a week.
your phone is made of tiny parts, they can break, crack, and wear down.

Not every phone is as resistant to drops, especially smartphones. Some cases don't help this issue.
your phone is made of tiny parts, they can break, crack, and wear down.
I see. so is there any cause that a reset would fix? or should i not waste my time?

I see. so is there any cause that a reset would fix? or should i not waste my time?
there's probably some kind of testing app on the play store that you could use

If the motor is broken, it's broken. See if you can get it repaired/replaced under warranty or cheaply.

If the motor is broken, it's broken. See if you can get it repaired/replaced under warranty or cheaply.
the screen and everything else about the phone is perfectly fine.

there's probably some kind of testing app on the play store that you could use
already tried that, didn't work sadly

the screen and everything else about the phone is perfectly fine.
Okay? Are those the only parts covered by your warranty or something? I don't know what you're getting at here.

already tried that, didn't work sadly
I think Samsung phones have a start up vibration, if that doesn't work then it's probably a hardware issue.