Author Topic: Armageddon's Delete Launcher [UPDATE: 8/24/14] [NEW VIDEO!]  (Read 14825 times)

UPDATE: As suggested,
It would be extremely useful to have a new type of 'Undo' keybind that would 'delete' your last planted brick without causing a chain kill of all the bricks it supports.

If you don't understand how deleting a brick works, here is Armageddon's Delete Launcher, http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=265486.0, which is basically a gun that shoots projectiles which delete bricks on impact.

Code: (Changelog) [Select]
8/24/14: Ctrl+z now checks to see if that brick is supporting anything. If so, it deletes the brick rather than killing it.The Delete Launcher has been updated to support this function! No longer will you have to fear about causing a chain kill of all unsupported bricks!

Any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. Demonstration coming soon!

Deletes those stubborn unsupported bricks with ease
ease? spawning an item, finding all the bricks, and then shooting all the bricks, isn't really easier than typing /clearfloatingbricks

ease? spawning an item, finding all the bricks, and then shooting all the bricks, isn't really easier than typing /clearfloatingbricks
I think you have misunderstood. The purpose is to delete and/or replace a supporting brick that couldn't be removed originally with a hammer. I could understand how that one line may confuse you, but the surrounding context kinda makes it obvious of what it does... I suggest you read more about the tool before trying to attack it.

EDIT: I have edited that one line for your convenience.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:24:53 PM by Bokeh »

I recommend the launcher looking Red

I think you have misunderstood.
I understood
the issue is that I understood something that was incorrectly typed

and as far as context goes, you listed a lot of potential uses for it. idk how you could expect me to associate "Making things float!" which was part of a list within a list near the bottom of that section with a potentially separate use listed at the top of the section in its very own list entry

it wasn't an "attack" either. it wasn't even about the entire tool
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:22:55 PM by Foxscotch »

I understood [uh, no.]
the issue is that I tried to understand something that was incorrectly typed
This was all you needed to say. It's fixed now. You were making an irrelevant claim without actually seeing what the tool does yourself. That's ignorance.
and as far as context goes, you listed a lot of potential uses for it. idk how you could expect me to associate "Making things float!" which was part of a list within a list near the bottom of that section with a potentially separate use listed at the top of the section in its very own list entry
in other words...
idk how you would possibly assume i have the common sense to understand that this tool can "make things float" AND delete "unsupported" bricks!! Probably a typo, but instead of seeing for myself, i'll just make a blatant assumption anyway!!

If you have any other concerns outside the actual tool, which is what this topic is for, feel free to PM me.

You were making an irrelevant claim without actually seeing what the tool does
deleting unsupported bricks is 100% a function of this tool. that is entirely something it can do. unless you're telling me you made it so that it can only delete something if it's supported by another brick? but that would be a useless function so naturally I'm gonna assume that isn't the case
and idk why in god's name anyone would assume you typed something wrong when you were describing something the tool actually does. it's at least as reasonable to come to the conclusion that you just thought it was easier to use the tool than the chat command

I was never even saying anything about the tool itself. I was saying that you wrote something about the tool that doesn't make any sense

unless you're telling me you made it so that it can only delete something if it's supported by another brick? but that would be a useless function so naturally I'm gonna assume that isn't the case
and idk why in god's name anyone would assume you typed something wrong when you were describing something the tool actually does.
Your claim was: "spawning an item, finding all the bricks, and then shooting all the bricks, isn't really easier than typing /clearfloatingbricks " - what I got from this was you think the tools main purpose is to delete unsupported floating bricks 1 by 1...

Clearly you've never used the item before you made your statement because although one may spend his afternoon deleting on by one, its clearly not the main purpose... It's, as you stated, one of its many features... Although I do thank you for pointing out the typo, this is getting redundant.

Y'know Night Fox, you wouldn't have to defend yourself so hard if you weren't so incredibly hostile about everything.

Do a fact check before you make an aggressive assertion. Everyone understood it but you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:55:33 AM by Rally »

i don't think it's really necessary to argue over semantics like this regardless
let's not bicker and argue over who killed who come on man

I made a showcase video for your add-on, hope you like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IHcX521hBI

I just found something you might consider updating. It doesn't delete bricks that don't have raycasting - the projectile goes through the brick. I'll probably fix this myself but just thought I'd notify y'all

EDIT: I tried to fix it but it's not super easy (for me at least) so I'll just hope someone else fixes it eventually

'doomed us all' lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:21:25 PM by Farad »

I just found something you might consider updating. It doesn't delete bricks that don't have raycasting - the projectile goes through the brick. I'll probably fix this myself but just thought I'd notify y'all
ya arm was bothered by that too

think he's gona try to change that up

I've got a serious problem with this addon.
Firstly, it says "does not trust you enough to do this"
secondly, it ignores bricks with no raycast/rendering.

I'm not sure if you wanted the second thing to be like that but I would seriously prefer it if it would hit non raycast/rendered bricks.
good job anyway, I like the projectile, maybe also concider giving the brick a bit more of an effect of death, thanks!

Bravo! I've updated the topic with links to the channel and what not!

I just found something you might consider updating. It doesn't delete bricks that don't have raycasting - the projectile goes through the brick.
I'm not sure if you wanted the second thing to be like that but I would seriously prefer it if it would hit non raycast/rendered bricks.
I was just discussing this with Armageddon before steam decided to cut off. Although I do agree it can be useful, we found one good use that could come out of this version would be more efficient zone building. I'll update you all as soon as I can get back to him.

EDIT: He's agreed to attempt an update!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:02:31 PM by Bokeh »