Author Topic: Industrial Deathmatch  (Read 6549 times)

Hoewdy, I've been working on this deathmatch here for like a year (on and off, just like a couple days at a time, whenever I felt like doing a little blockland) and I'm pretty dang proud with the (almost) finished result, so I'm gonna post it nao.

The build is essentially 100% finished.  I am currently adding secrets and other things that make a DM fun.  I don't know if / when I'll be actually hosting it, but I definitely plan to post it as a Gamemode for other people to host and enjoy (since my server kinda blows for DM's most of the time and I can't do dedicated)  I also plan on making a couple different game modes in it.  Aside from standard deathmatch, I think it would be a super fun map for a team DM of some kind.  I have also already played on it with some friends and bots, and think it'd be a fun map to experiment with waves of bots or something of the like.  People have also suggested it as a good map for Creeper (It does already have big vats of green stuff for creeper to spawn from so it'd make sense).  

Sooo without further ado, here it is!

Go download this gamemode/build here!

This build uses the following mods (excluding defaults), when I release it I'll probs package them all into a zip for easy downloadin'

Bricks
  • 1 Random Pack
  • Brick Cubes
  • Decorative Blocks
  • Extra Grills
  • Extra Prints
  • Extra Ramps
  • Fence
  • Horiz Poles
  • Interactive
  • Inverted Corners
  • Jirue
  • Lego Crates
  • Pole Adapters
  • Razor Wire
  • Small Ramps Pack
  • Vertical Plate Pack
  • Window
  • Wire Fence
Events
  • addItem
  • onBrickLoaded
  • removeItem
  • Water Brick Events
JVS Content (Just for decoration)
  • JVS_Content
  • JVS_SwitchesPack1
  • Content_Phydeoux
Items
  • Pill
Lights
  • Ambient
  • Toxic (custom)
Prints
  • Restroom Signs
  • Vending Machine
Vehicles
  • Forklift
Colorset
  • Awesome Colorset - New

Not every room is shown, just highlights / my favorite rooms.  Many more hallways and side rooms and stuff.

ALSO:  If anyone sees this and would be willing to model me a custom weapons pack.. that'd be super cool and you should hit me up ;)  I don't want anything fancy, quite the opposite in fact.  There isn't a single weapons pack that I am in love with.. I really want a simple pack of like 8 simple VERY default-style weapons with a simple ammo system.  I have some sketches of what I want :P

ANYWAYS Feel free to comment with criticisms, gamemode ideas, suggestions for the build, questions, or anything else <3
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:20:20 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

this looks familiar! Clean style

Not bad.

How many hazards are there built into the map?

The first image really reminds me of Nova Prospekt.
Looks great!

Aw man I have some really sweet ideas for a dm like this D:

Nice, i like their style. But i guess, there are a bit empty around in the rooms...

I love it! Really like your style! If you got enough time to make a small portion of a jail, PM me please.

I love it! Really like your style! If you got enough time to make a small portion of a jail, PM me please.
I actually have a small portion of a jail similar to this style already built, I was bored and made like 2 cell blocks one time.  You want that? :P

Not bad.

How many hazards are there built into the map?
Really just the vats of green stuff.   Nothing else in the map is really a "hazard"

Nice, i like their style. But i guess, there are a bit empty around in the rooms...
Yeah I'm working on filling in some of the empty space, but I don't want anything to feel cluttered either.  Cluttered DM's frustrate me :P

Aw man I have some really sweet ideas for a dm like this D:
Mm maybe you can tell them to me so I can steal them? ;)  (Or you can make them yourself when I release the build as a gamemode ;P )

The first image really reminds me of Nova Prospekt.
Looks great!
Yeah the layout was basically ripped from the Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Nova Prospekt map.  I tried to use my own architectural style on the build, but I always struggle with inventing build layouts so I thought this time I'd just take one from one of my favorite maps ;P  That room still really feels Nova Prospekty though, but I'm okay with that c:

I actually have a small portion of a jail similar to this style already built, I was bored and made like 2 cell blocks one time.  You want that? :P
Oh I was there when you built that! Yes please :)

Oh I was there when you built that! Yes please :)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/88b9n8rr6eix29r/Prison.bls

Can't tell you exactly what paintset or bricks it uses, but it looks like it's using a lot of Brick_Window, Brick_ExtraArches, Brick_Fence, and Brick_Wedges.  I'm assuming it's regular Awesome colorset but you can easily change colors.  <3

http://www.mediafire.com/view/88b9n8rr6eix29r/Prison.bls

Can't tell you exactly what paintset or bricks it uses, but it looks like it's using a lot of Brick_Window, Brick_ExtraArches, Brick_Fence, and Brick_Wedges.  I'm assuming it's regular Awesome colorset but you can easily change colors.  <3
Truenos iirc
Thanks bud!

Truenos iirc
Thanks bud!
Nop cause I would never use Truenos in my life I hate Truenos :P