Blogland #72: Job Interview

Author Topic: Blogland #72: Job Interview  (Read 336 times)

At the beginning of summer I applied for a job at this fancy restaurant. Finally (lol) on Sunday a lady from the restaurant called me and asked me to come in for an interview. She said she looked over my application and was interested. Funny because my app only had some farm work, odd jobs, and construction for previous work experience.

Go to the interview today and it was my first one. Obviously a little nervous be she talked a lot so I kinda just sat there. She told me that I'd probably be a busboy but she'd also train me to be a host. The job would basically be Saturday and Sunday or whenever they needed me. Its very very flexible. I have to do a lift assessment where I have to be able to lift 35lbs (again lol) Then after the assessment I'd have to do a 3 hour orientation. She said the orientation was pretty much 3 hours of paperwork and listening about the company's history.

Even if I dont get a lot of hours during the school year maybe next summer I can work full time. She's going to call my references (which are the same people but they own 2 different businesses) and get back to me by Tuesday or Wednesday.

She said the interview went well but I thought it didnt. She only asked me : Have I ate there before? Why do you want to work here? Describe your previous work experience.

its all sweat and nerves until you realize how the whole job works i suppose

obviously the first few days or weeks for me at my job was nerve racking but all of a sudden its like i've always been there at this point.

its all sweat and nerves until you realize how the whole job works i suppose

obviously the first few days or weeks for me at my job was nerve racking but all of a sudden its like i've always been there at this point.
Yeah Im still nervous about that. She said my main responsibility would be resetting tables, sweeping the floors, restocking dishes, and sorting and polishing silverware

i feel that people with no job experience (like me) have like no chance of getting a job

i feel that people with no job experience (like me) have like no chance of getting a job
All my previous jobs were just odd jobs like lawnmowing. All were paid under the table.