Why does the majority hate the City RPG mod?

Poll

Is it because of the following...

It's not realistic...
3 (3.8%)
Waste of my time
12 (15.2%)
Bad Admin (noob/newbie hosts)
15 (19%)
I just don't like it
9 (11.4%)
Limited
4 (5.1%)
I hate the people who play it
2 (2.5%)
Everyone uses the same [Iban's] mod
20 (25.3%)
other... (please type it)
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Why does the majority hate the City RPG mod?  (Read 3865 times)

Repetitive, boring, poorly administrated, and most importantly: CRpg servers tend to turn into a deathmatch between gun happy criminals and baton happy cops.

because i loving hate having to wait 33333 hours to get a decent job

forget your 20$ income nobody wants that stuff

I wasn't talking about real life. If you get a gun nothing should stop you from killing everybody in sight.

If we're talking about purchasing a weapon you can always go to a back alley dealer which I know don't require licenses.
i know but there would probably be less people who go on the server with the intention to only kill people

I wasn't talking about real life. If you get a gun nothing should stop you from killing everybody in sight.

If we're talking about purchasing a weapon you can always go to a back alley dealer which I know don't require licenses.

Maybe having a gun without a license can be confiscated like drugs?

Idk how that would work... or if it's possible

poor game design and poor server setup

also bad history with cityrp mods

Where can you even find the mod?

Where can you even find the mod?

IF you host it, PLEASE take in consideration of these complaints = the bomb

I find it difficult, when starting out to do anything... I have to be afk for like an hour for enough to just have education. Why can't the money be realistic lie 8$ and hour and it being possible having multiple jobs at once.

Tho, ^ would work with ty's economy system,... just changed up a little more ( houses going down, instead of job pays going up [ leave the job money for the education]).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:38:31 PM by chubaka452 »

Google.
It is extremely difficult to find and is abnormally private, I don't think a simple google search will find it. I tried looking but I couldn't find anything.
But at the same time, google is your best friend.

IF you host it, PLEASE take in consideration of these complaints = the bomb

I find it difficult, when starting out to do anything... I have to be afk for like an hour for enough to just have education. Why can't the money be realistic lie 8$ and hour and it being possible having multiple jobs at once.

Tho, ^ would work with ty's economy system,... just changed up a little more ( houses going down, instead of job pays going up [ leave the job money for the education]).
City RPG needs a revamp and better methods of configuring stuff like adding and modifying jobs and things of that nature...

City RPG needs a revamp and better methods of configuring stuff like adding and modifying jobs and things of that nature...

Oh okay..

Doesn't it have a backdoor where the creator of the Add-On gets admin access to every single server that has the Add-On installed?

Doesn't it have a backdoor where the creator of the Add-On gets admin access to every single server that has the Add-On installed?
everyone who's done this ends up revoked, so the short answer is no

99% of hosts use a variation on one of the various poorly-coded systems and make other poorly-coded edits to it that often have tons of backdoors in it.

Take /Ty's cityrpg which he has freely released on his website. It has over forty backdoors in it. I checked.

What is a backdoor

What is a backdoor
An error/intentionally placed piece of code that allows one to cheat and/or alter the server or manipulate the console without the host's permission.