Author Topic: Server_FXland - Tie an effect to a brick without spraying it! - Updated to V2  (Read 5029 times)

VIDEO

Originally starting as a joke mod called Unduloland, I finished a tiny (sorta useless) script mod.

Okay, so what is it?
Once the player types in a server command (/brickFX *effect*), that effect is automatically set to the brick when its planted, saving time that would usually go to spraying these bricks. Now in its second version, you can tie effects together by doing /brickFX *effect*effect*, such as this:
/brickFX UnduloRainbow
/brickFX WaterBlink

The two effects MUST have no space.

Effects are:
  • None
  • All the default ones
  • Water

Works with any colorset. It was nice to make this, since it helped me both with server commands and also script-brick interaction.

Changelog
Version 1
  • Adds one set effect when the brick is planted, including water.
Version 2
  • Allows linking 2 effects at once to a brick (see above for how)
  • Spaced out code for anyone going through it (though it is very simple)

Please redownload to get version 2!

DOWNLOAD HERE (DROPBOX)

Since sometimes Dropbox doesn't let people download stuff for some reason, here's a mediafire link.

ALSO HERE (MEDIAFIRE)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:40:06 AM by TeeOS »

GOOD
JOBY

gotta download this it looks like a new generation of Paint FX

Thank you.  This is really convenient!

Does it work with macros?

Haven't tested it yet, but considering it applies the effect on planting I would assume it would.

GOOD
JOBY
is good

many thanks comrades
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:34:49 AM by TeeOS »

yes it most definitely should since macros are handled on the client side

also is there a way to chain effects?
like undulo and rainbow or water and blink?

also is there a way to chain effects?
like undulo and rainbow or water and blink?

I haven't thought about chaining, but it is possible. I'll add it to the next update.

Updated with version two.
  • Allows linking 2 effects at once to a brick
  • Spaced out code for anyone going through it (though it is very simple)

Now in its second version, you can tie effects together by doing /brickFX *effect*effect*, such as this:
/brickFX UnduloRainbow
/brickFX WaterBlink

The two effects MUST have no space.

• Allows linking 2 effects at once to a brick

Over the top request maybe but what about having all of them active at once? Could make for some psychedelic servers.

Over the top request maybe but what about having all of them active at once? Could make for some psychedelic servers.

Not possible. The color/shape effects would overlap each other, so no change would really happen.

Not possible. The color/shape effects would overlap each other, so no change would really happen.
you should add in a 'random' for lols so that whatever you place has a random effect/assortment of effects on it

Would this work with loading bricks? Either way nice job.