Author Topic: Switched to the Nokia Lumia 1020 (Feeling Regret)  (Read 1484 times)

I guess it's time for me to pull the Blogland card for the first time.

I'm feeling good about getting the Nokia Lumia 1020 to replace my iPhone 3GS. The specs for the phone seems promising and I've gotten used to the feel of Windows Phone 8. I decided to hook up my phone to my PC so that I can transfer music. My expectations were getting crushed after that.

My PC greeted me with a notification that my phone isn't recognized because there's no drivers present. I looked up some solutions online. Most of them consisted of uninstalling the device from Device Manager, reboot the phone, reboot the computer, etc. All of those did absolutely nothing to solve the issue because it's DRIVER related. Then I looked for some drivers that are available for download. Google's being an unhelpful forget, so I got nothing.

Before calling it a day, I stumbled upon this thread. I followed the procedures by updating the device with the WinUSB device. It somehow worked, but I don't see my phone being detected on the Windows Phone app, so I still can't transfer music to my phone. I think I forgeted myself over.

If you guys want to tackle this problem, I'm open to suggestions.

are you on 8.1 or just wp 8?

are you on 8.1 or just wp 8?
According to my settings, the software is 8.1.

Nice, Windows 8.1 working on a phone when it doesnt even work on my laptop.

its windows phone 8.1

windows phones are great

Windows phones are nice, but I've got a few issues with them. Most mainstream apps don't come out for them until about a year after iPhone and android, you cant get those cool fluffy or sparkly and flashy cases for them like iphones, only solid colors, and last of all, the battery life suuuuuuuuuucks. They're nokias tho, so they don't break when you so much as touch them, unlike iPhones.

Dude just get a Nokia 3310
They're beast.

Win8.1 runs amazing on my laptop

Windows phones are nice, but I've got a few issues with them. Most mainstream apps don't come out for them until about a year after iPhone and android, you cant get those cool fluffy or sparkly and flashy cases for them like iphones, only solid colors, and last of all, the battery life suuuuuuuuuucks. They're nokias tho, so they don't break when you so much as touch them, unlike iPhones.
Apps arent developed because people dont use it because apps arent developed because people dont use it etc etc. Its just a cycle that will be broken. Rudy Huyn is making some AMAZING clients for apps like snapchat and vine and stuff, he's pretty much saving windows phone

flashy cases are dumb

Battery life is kinda meh il be honest

Apps arent developed because people dont use it because apps arent developed because people dont use it etc etc. Its just a cycle that will be broken. Rudy Huyn is making some AMAZING clients for apps like snapchat and vine and stuff, he's pretty much saving windows phone

flashy cases are dumb

Battery life is kinda meh il be honest
Flashy cases are fabulous

idk about the new one, but I have the 920 and the battery lasts anywhere from 3-5 hours

Flashy cases are fabulous

idk about the new one, but I have the 920 and the battery lasts anywhere from 3-5 hours

I have an 820 thats about 1.5 years old

Well, the WinUSB device is gone when I uninstalled the phone. I still can't find drivers for the phone.

They're nokias tho, so they don't break when you so much as touch them
wow this meme. welcome to 2010 everyone ill be your guide

wow this meme. welcome to 2010 everyone ill be your guide
It's not a meme reference, they're pretty indestructible. Mine have been dropped gazillions of times and the screen hasn't even cracked.

gather up those cameras everyone. on this corner of the street we have a fellow lost in time, bringing up memes from 4 years ago. what a fascinating view. maybe he will step 2 years forward and realize nokia is a failure... oops