Author Topic: How was your first day back to school?  (Read 3317 times)

I had a ok time, even though i'm a freshmen... surrounded by grown men.. Sadly i had mathematics at 6th period in a hot-as-forget bunker. I've seen my old friends, made new friends, but most of all, I loving HATE SCHOOL LUNCH.

my middle and highschool are combined so I knew my way around even though I was a freshman, my classes where pretty cool except for woodworking which is almost entirely filled with starfish juniors, same with drawing but it was more or less ok because most of the upper graded people where alot nicer. Only real thing that sucked was that I had no classes or lunch with my best friends, so I mostly have to hang around with my "school friends" which kinda sucks and gives me a bit of a false image

also spanish was incredibly insane and hurt my head because the teacher spoke almost entirely in spanish and made us try to understand his directions and complete them on the first day

my middle and highschool are combined so I knew my way around even though I was a freshman, my classes where pretty cool except for woodworking which is almost entirely filled with starfish juniors, same with drawing but it was more or less ok because most of the upper graded people where alot nicer. Only real thing that sucked was that I had no classes or lunch with my best friends, so I mostly have to hang around with my "school friends" which kinda sucks and gives me a bit of a false image

also spanish was incredibly insane and hurt my head because the teacher spoke almost entirely in spanish and made us try to understand his directions and complete them on the first day
That sucks for spanish, anyways; you have middle and highschool together combined??? i've never heard that before.

I don't know if you took Spanish 1 in 7th or 6th grade (you should have), but why are you in the class if it is too advanced for you?

I'm in spanish 1, I never had to or had the option to take spanish before, the teacher is just really weird

you have middle and highschool together combined??? i've never heard that before.
Yeah the school is mostly split in half, as in theres one huge hallway going down the middle of the school with branches to go right or left with middleschool classes on the right and highschool classes on the left, but more than often middle schoolers get classes on the highschool side and vice versa

I had one friend to talk to and one person I barely made friends with.
Another kid I tried to talk to was jump as forget.
All I did was say, "Hey, what's your name?'
Then he jumped over looking at me with wide eyes, "J.J. What's yours?"

Not bad
Not great
I feel sick really often now

I started a week ago. Loving it so far, which is something I never thought I'd say.

I don't know if you took Spanish 1 in 7th or 6th grade (you should have), but why are you in the class if it is too advanced for you?

In my state, it's offered in 8th grade for an early high school credit if you want to take it early.

I'm sure he's fine taking Spanish 2. Quite honestly, I'm trying to get back into the thick of things regarding Spanish. I haven't spoken it in 3 months, and sometimes I just forget words, phrases, verb meanings, conjugations, etc. It's coming back to me.

Guarantee he spoke entirely in Spanish the first day in order to get a feel for how much Spanish the class speaks and how fluent you all are. He'll likely start speaking more English tomorrow in the days to come. Don't freak.

I had one friend to talk to and one person I barely made friends with.
Another kid I tried to talk to was jump as forget.
All I did was say, "Hey, what's your name?'
Then he jumped over looking at me with wide eyes, "J.J. What's yours?"

God i feel bad for you.

I'm at a new school this year and I only have one friend who goes there (and no classes with her). So other than the fact that I know absolutely nobody, it was ok. I already hate my spanish teacher though. Oh and those freshmen that are basically middle schoolers.

I start back on the 4th and I'm a little nervous since I'll be in the 11th grade, but I want to try to perform excellently and get my GPA up to at least 3.0+. Also when I took Spanish 1 in the 9th grade I slept through the whole class and on our last day our teacher asked every one of us individually what we've learned and I said "hola". I have no interest in taking it again, as I hate the language and I'm never gonna want or need to use it in my life.

its tomorrow

please help

fly south early so you don't have to deal with it