Author Topic: Does anyone know any good moderator add ons  (Read 1140 times)

An add-on being able to give players moderator

Just give them admin.
What does "moderator" even mean within the context of Blockland?

What does "moderator" even mean within the context of Blockland?
It adds a useless fourth level of admin that can only kick players with a pre-made reason.

It adds a useless fourth level of admin that can only kick players with a pre-made reason.
that really is useless

cant they also ban with !ban ____

Then why the forget not give them real admin

...what genius made this and why didn't they just use normal slash commands

Then why the forget not give them real admin
Prevents them from doing countless things, also afaik it's only a fifteen minute ban.
  • Clearing bricks
  • Loading bricks
  • Messing with environment
  • Changing server name
  • Perma-banning

Prevents them from doing countless things, also afaik it's only a fifteen minute ban.
  • Clearing bricks
  • Loading bricks
  • Messing with environment
  • Changing server name
  • Perma-banning
So if you don't trust them with administrating your server then don't let them

Just give them admin.

I've always wanted to do this, but how do I do it in my server? Is there a command I use?

I've always wanted to do this, but how do I do it in my server? Is there a command I use?
You install RTB like everyone else and use Server Settings to give people admin.

Or if you don't like the extra 10 second load time RTB adds to your game, you can simply do this:

$pref::server::autoadminlist = $pref::server::autoadminlist SPC "ID HERE";

Also it's pretty silly that Blockland doesn't have an admin manager by default.

Actually, I think the moderator admin is somewhat useful. The game by default has a very narrow difference between super admin and admin -- super admins just can't be banned. It doesn't make sense that the lowest level of enhanced power can do everything the highest level of enhanced power can do. The game by default should prevent admins from doing things like clearing/loading bricks, changing environment, permabanning, etc. The moderator position is useful for allowing players to moderate the players on the server without having the power to completely forget up your server in your absence. Sure, you can say "don't make people you don't trust admin then," but at the end of the day there's no reason you should have to trust those people with your entire server when all they need to be able to do is kick/temp ban.

what's your definition of good moderator addons
I'd personally recommend PTTA - Power To The Admin, if it still works
such a great mod full of wonderful features for admins to enjoy
like pinking people
going invisible
slapping people around
and all the sort
doesn't this sound like your kind of addon? buy now at where the forget is this even downloaded anymore
(I just found a copy of it on my old BL folder)