Author Topic: My mom is a bitch... Again.  (Read 2047 times)

wow. sounds like youre completey exaggerating the situation and making things up to antagonize her because she is trying to parent you. stop being a rebel punk. eat your damn broccoli and listen to your parents

wow. sounds like youre completey exaggerating the situation and making things up to antagonize her because she is trying to parent you. stop being a rebel punk. eat your damn broccoli and listen to your parents
That was not exegrated.
If you don't believe me I'm fine with that, i'm not forcing you to

Yeah maybe in your grading system. 70 is fine in the Belgian/Dutch grading system.
70% is 7 out of 10 on a test.
self explanatory

70% is 7 out of 10 on a test.
self explanatory
But also 70/100
A music theory exam pass is 62/100 iirc, merit at 80 and distinction at 95.

But also 70/100
A music theory exam pass is 62/100 iirc, merit at 80 and distinction at 95.
70/100 actually seems even worse. I could see getting 3 questions wrong on a 10 question test because of mistakes.. but getting thirty questions wrong seems like you really don't know the content.

I'm just saying I think you should listen to them
I mean it could do you better later in life

i was laser tagging with one of my friends. when his dad came to pick him up he took his phone away. apparently his dad had called him ONCE during the laser tag match and he didnt answer the phone. even though he called his dad back after the match was over

70/100 actually seems even worse. I could see getting 3 questions wrong on a 10 question test because of mistakes.. but getting thirty questions wrong seems like you really don't know the content.
30 qestions wrong on a test of 100 isn't that bad. Actually its normal.
But in 'Merica you probably get that multiple choice thing or something?

30 qestions wrong on a test of 100 isn't that bad. Actually its normal.
But in 'Merica you probably get that multiple choice thing or something?
Depends on the class and teacher. 30 questions wrong out of 100 is pretty bad regardless -- especially if it's not multiple choice.

The thing with a 100 mark test is that there aren't even 100 questions. At best between 20 or 30. Especially with music tests.

The thing with a 100 mark test is that there aren't even 100 questions. At best between 20 or 30. Especially with music tests.
Well, that's because of point scaling. For the purposes of this conversation it's been an unmentioned understanding that each question is 1 point, so for those tests we'd call it a x/25 even though it goes into the grade book as a 100 point test.

Well, that's because of point scaling. For the purposes of this conversation it's been an unmentioned understanding that each question is 1 point, so for those tests we'd call it a x/25 even though it goes into the grade book as a 100 point test.
Ah. I was talking on terms of percentage rather than actual questions. Even then it is still perfectly normal to answer less than 30 questions wrong dependent on difficulty. When I've done small in class memory tests where there are 10 questions, its acceptable in my opinion to get 3 or so wrong.

I just... Didn't repond to 1 message I didn't see?
Some parents overreact a lot if you don't respond to them, This is actually pretty normal. Try to think of it as if they really care for you. 

i was laser tagging with one of my friends. when his dad came to pick him up he took his phone away. apparently his dad had called him ONCE during the laser tag match and he didnt answer the phone. even though he called his dad back after the match was over
That is one stupid dad.

Parents get stressed and unreasonable sometimes. If you ever want a good relationship with anybody then you're going to have to learn to deal with that sort of thing once in a while. What you should have done was - once you realized that you missed a message - seeing that your mom was irritable about it, just apologize for not noticing the message. Then none of this would have been an issue.

Besides, it's not like you are acting any better. By your own account you yelled at your mother, slammed doors, refused to just write down a schedule, then went online to call your mother names and rant about her. I'm not saying that your mom did nothing wrong, sounds like she has some anger issues to take care of, but that was out of line imo
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:24:13 PM by Mysteroo »

Parents get stressed and unreasonable sometimes. If you ever want a good relationship with anybody then you're going to have to learn to deal with that sort of thing once in a while. What you should have done was - once you realized that you missed a message - seeing that your mom was irritable about it, just apologize for not noticing the message. Then none of this would have been an issue.

Besides, it's not like you are acting any better. By your own account you yelled at your mother, slammed doors, refused to just write down a schedule, then went online to call your mother names and rant about her. I'm not saying that your mom did nothing wrong, sounds like she has some anger issues to take care of, but that was out of line imo
this and espio you acted alot worst than your mom