has anyone else ever cut the flap of skin under their tongue?

Author Topic: has anyone else ever cut the flap of skin under their tongue?  (Read 1705 times)

because I just did. The wire in my braces is cut so that one side can be moved by rubber bands independently of the other teeth, and while licking my lips I caught the flap in the wire and impaled it completely. It felt a lot like stapling your hand.
discuss dentistry and mouth mutilation
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:34:31 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

i've impaled the segment of gum right above the canine once

I'm lucky to have never had braces (although a dentist would argue I could use some for my bottom teeth, but it's not an issue for me), so I've never accidentally cut the inside of my mouth on them.
But I have bitten off some several chunks of tongue when I've been in fights before, or have fallen down.
My own fault really, in tense moments and when pumped on adrenaline, I automatically push my tongue into the back of my teeth. I have no control over it, it's just an automatic response. But it has meant my tongue has been caught between chompers before.

On a similar note, if you want to vomit quickly (without stuffing fingers down your throat), apply a sizable dosage of table salt to that area under the tongue. Works pretty well.

On a similar note, if you want to vomit quickly (without stuffing fingers down your throat), apply a sizable dosage of table salt to that area under the tongue. Works pretty well.

does this work?

ive had braces for like, 5 years. my teeth are oversized lol.

sucks.

duly noted in case i desperately need to stay home from school

I've gotten pubic hairs stuck under my foreskin. loving hurts pulling it out.

i desperately want this to work

ive had braces for like, 5 years. my teeth are oversized lol.

sucks.
lol, my teeth are tiny
this is my 2 1/2 year of braces and ill be getting them off before the end of the year hopefully

But I have bitten off some several chunks of tongue when I've been in fights before, or have fallen down.
like, real chunks or just like little tiny slivers?

does this work?
As far as I know. I've been told it works,  and I've applied some salt there before, but pussied out because I don't like vomiting. It certainly made me heave quickly and triggered that feeling of being sick. Had I used more salt or held it there for longer, as I had mine applied on a chip, I figure I would definitely have thrown up.
like, real chunks or just like little tiny slivers?
Enough to make my mouth bleed enough for me to think I had initially lost a tooth, but small enough that it grew back in whole.

Enough to make my mouth bleed enough for me to think I had initially lost a tooth, but small enough that it grew back in whole.
stuff man lol

I once cut a blood vessel or something on the front roof of my mouth

It dangled behind my front teeth making everything taste like blood before it finally died and fell off

I once cut a blood vessel or something on the front roof of my mouth

It dangled behind my front teeth making everything taste like blood before it finally died and fell off
euuauah

This thread is making me cringe.