Author Topic: Today I bought e-cigarettes at Wal-Mart.  (Read 2186 times)

goddammit california
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 - Warning: This product contains nicotine, a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Would rather use a shisha pen personally, I tried an apple flavoured e-cig and it just smelled like regular cigarette smoke.

btw I don't smoke, and probably never will. Don't understand myself why people do that kind of thing.

I don't get the appeal of e-cigarettes or regular cigarettes.

Furling how do you decide these kind of things.
Do you just launch from your chair and go like ''Today I'm going to start smoking! :DD''

I lost it

Well there's a thousand different reasons someone might pick up smoking or vaping. With vaping, personally I wanted to see how the delicious sounding flavors tasted. I'm not the normal story though. A lot of people do pick up vaping because it's a better alternative to smoking which they've already started.

Then there's the #1 reason people pick up vaping and smoking, and that's social pressure. People who smoke have incorporated it into their life, so their activities are punctuated by smoke breaks. Hanging out with smokers means you get to awkwardly stand around while they smoke, and general smoking courtesy dictates that you always offer a cigarette to others who do not have their own pack. So if you get offered 5 cigarettes a day and feel weird declining them every time, eventually you're going to just be like 'forget it one won't kill me.' That's how I started smoking actual cigs.

I don't smoke either on a daily basis though. People offer me cigarettes and I take them. I have an e-cigarette but I don't usually carry it with me anywhere. I smoke that one solely for the flavor -- it's loving delicious. You can get the juice without nicotine in it, but I personally enjoy the head buzz from nicotine.

I lost it

Well there's a thousand different reasons someone might pick up smoking or vaping. With vaping, personally I wanted to see how the delicious sounding flavors tasted. I'm not the normal story though. A lot of people do pick up vaping because it's a better alternative to smoking which they've already started.

Then there's the #1 reason people pick up vaping and smoking, and that's social pressure. People who smoke have incorporated it into their life, so their activities are punctuated by smoke breaks. Hanging out with smokers means you get to awkwardly stand around while they smoke, and general smoking courtesy dictates that you always offer a cigarette to others who do not have their own pack. So if you get offered 5 cigarettes a day and feel weird declining them every time, eventually you're going to just be like 'forget it one won't kill me.' That's how I started smoking actual cigs.

I don't smoke either on a daily basis though. People offer me cigarettes and I take them. I have an e-cigarette but I don't usually carry it with me anywhere. I smoke that one solely for the flavor -- it's loving delicious. You can get the juice without nicotine in it, but I personally enjoy the head buzz from nicotine.
So essentially the entire industry revolves around the idea that barely anyone drops the habit and the more people with it, the more people will smoke with them?

Nice.

Actually yeah, that was a pretty perfect tl;dr.

ecigs are good if you are trying to cut down on real smoking. ecig's "smoke" is actually water vapor, and give you nicotine. there's even some that don't give you nicotine, just the flavor.

you can also replace the flavor packs or whatever with weed :)

ecigs are good if you are trying to cut down on real smoking. ecig's "smoke" is actually water vapor, and give you nicotine. there's even some that don't give you nicotine, just the flavor.

you can also replace the flavor packs or whatever with weed :)

i doubt its actually weed, because i've seen the weed liquid stuff at a smoke shop before.

It's almost ironic seeing as how the normal cigarretes are the ones with tons of chemicals in them.

AFAIK the e-cigs only have nicotine and that's it, plus the flavor packs.
E-cigarettes are both made of chemicals and dispense chemicals. In fact, your hand that holds them is too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_substance

i doubt its actually weed, because i've seen the weed liquid stuff at a smoke shop before.

I think you need a specific vape for weed, for whatever type you're using, like cannabis oil or whatever.

If I ever did get into weed Id probably do it this way since water vapor is pretty much harmless to the lungs.

thats really cool
my boyfriend just got an e cig and he used to smoke a ton of cigarettes and he actually likes the e cig
it's great if youre trying to quit

e-cigs are still significantly harmful
they only exist because they don't seem bad at first glance

e-cigs are still significantly harmful
they only exist because they don't seem bad at first glance

How? Is the intense amount of water vapor going to give you pneumonia?