Author Topic: Apple announces iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch  (Read 30179 times)

1.4 ghz CPU and 1 GB of ram. I can't.
GHz and ram means everything!!

And I'd like to comment on a glaring issue with Apple products. The app store is severely limited in what you are allowed to develop for iOS. Find just a normal text editor on there that doesn't have to do with any "remote files" bullstuff.
https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

You said "file manager" which does exist, on the computer.
you have noooooo idea what you are talking about, stop arguing before you embarrass yourself

you have noooooo idea what you are talking about, stop arguing before you embarrass yourself

The forget are you even talking about. It does, look up iExplorer.

it has 2 stars and costs 5 dollars
android ones are usually free

sorry blur but game over. cores and ram does not make a fast and snappy phone. having the same os version for the same hardware is what does.

apple owns iphone and ios. they can optimize it to hell to the point where you dont need a lot of power to run it.
google owns android but they dont own a phone series. other companies do and they implement so many different hardware its practically impossible to optimize android. hence why its called laggy, which it is. not to mention android is basically an emulator.

so stop being a gay nerd. this is why the iphone 5s dual processor whipped the knee caps of several quad core phones making them sit on their ass. android doesnt need 4 cores and you neckbeards will never get that. this is why android has a legitimate problem with performance

both my parents have quad core phones. lg g and note 2. my little hipster device whipped their asses like a bunch of slaves getting whipped in a cotton field

it has 2 stars and costs 5 dollars
android ones are usually free

Oh no a whole 5 dollars. I haven't had a problem with iExplorer personally either. I never take reviews at face value, I look at what they say and make judgement from there.

Oh my... An application for Windows that allows you to access your filesystem. How exciting.

An operating system should not have to rely on an outside application to access the loving filesystem. Nor should any operating system disallow the user from accessing a command line. Both of those things are just incredibly stupid.

sorry blur but game over. cores and ram does not make a fast and snappy phone. having the same os version for the same hardware is what does.

apple owns iphone and ios. they can optimize it to hell to the point where you dont need a lot of power to run it.
google owns android but they dont own a phone series. other companies do and they implement so many different hardware its practically impossible to optimize android. hence why its called laggy, which it is. not to mention android is basically an emulator.

so stop being a gay nerd. this is why the iphone 5s dual processor whipped the knee caps of several quad core phones making them sit on their ass. android doesnt need 4 cores and you neckbeards will never get that. this is why android has a legitimate problem with performance

both my parents have quad core phones. lg g and note 2. my little hipster device whipped their asses like a bunch of slaves getting whipped in a cotton field
I already agreed with kingdaro earlier that hardware does not matter as much as software.

He means total access over the file system of the device.
The current sandboxed design of apps makes this impossible.
Not access photos or contacts from a PC.
Oh my... An application for Windows that allows you to access your filesystem. How exciting.

An operating system should not have to rely on an outside application to access the loving filesystem. Nor should any operating system disallow the user from accessing a command line. Both of those things are just incredibly stupid.
And I looked it up, it's not even the full file system only allows you to make bullstuff folders to store photos and stuff

He means total access over the file system of the device.
The current sandboxed design of apps makes this impossible.
Not access photos or contacts from a PC.

It accesses far more than photos or contacts. I've changed files in apps I've downloaded using iExplorer.

Boo loving hoo, I don't have access to things I'd probably use once a year, if even. I had a jailbroken iPhone 1 and hardly touched the command line.

I've used a GS2 and am currently using a iPhone 4S

The lack of functionality and customization in the iPhone is painful; I can't do any of the stuff that I want and the performance is mediocre

not to mention everything is proprietary

I've used a GS2 and am currently using a iPhone 4S

The lack of functionality and customization in the iPhone is painful; I can't do any of the stuff that I want and the performance is mediocre

The older generations are sluggish with iOS7. I made the mistake of upgrading my 4, at the time, to iOS7 and hated it. They've optimized it since, but the 5 and up are fast as forget.

Looking at the numbers like that is useless. The iPhone 6's CPU is 25% faster than the iPhone 5s'. The iPhone 5s crushed the S4 on all tests, but let's add another 25% onto those scores.

5904.9 * 0.75 = 4428.68
So the iPhone 6 could score a 4500 here. The s4, in comparison, scores a 10770. That's almost 2.5x slower.

3451 * 1.25 = 4313.75
So here, the iPhone 6 could score a 4300. The S4 is over at 2570, almost twice as slow.

3347.69 * 1.5 = 5021.54
This one's a GL benchmark, and the graphics are expected to be 50% faster. The S4 has a whopping score of 842.68 -- SIX TIMES slower than the projected value for the iPhone 6.

It accesses far more than photos or contacts. I've changed files in apps I've downloaded using iExplorer.
loving stop here. We are talking about the operating system's filesystem root.

Boo loving hoo, I don't have access to things I'd probably use once a year, if even. I had a jailbroken iPhone 1 and hardly touched the command line.
I don't think you understand. Users like me use the command line every day for many different things. If my phone cannot use the same command-line tools that my computer can, then that severely limits what I can do using my phone and computer together.

Did you even read my other posts. I already said three times now that I agree that hardware is not as important as software. But everyone always has to preemptively tell me I'm wrong before they even read the rest of the conversation.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:50:40 PM by blueblur121 »

loving stop here. We are talking about the operating system's filesystem root.
I don't think you understand. Users like me use the command line every day for many different things. If my phone cannot use the same command-line tools that my computer can, then that severely limits what I can do using my phone and computer together.

Good for you, iOS is a different flavor to the same ice cream. I don't do coding or edit the loving OS, in the same way you don't do music production or drawing. Yet I don't go on any "Samsung" or whatever topic flaming about it.

*tips fedora in the rain for this sad day in history for quad core phones* absolutely humiliated by a tiny dual core hipster device