Apple announces iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch

Author Topic: Apple announces iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch  (Read 29570 times)

how does that even, what. i had a galaxy note and never had any issues with pockets. just slide it in and thats it. what jeans are these people wearing
One guy was wearing the kind of pants you'd wear to a wedding and had it in his front pocket and it bent.
my question is whats happening in this video. he is applying hand pressure. way different than sitting on it with a curved butt

im pretty sure i could go around and snap every phone i see in half if i tried. so the moral of this lesson: dont try to snap your phone in half??
Yah. But it's still bending in peoples front pockets, where people put their phones a lot.

my question is whats happening in this video. he is applying hand pressure. way different than sitting on it with a curved butt

im pretty sure i could go around and snap every phone i see in half if i tried. so the moral of this lesson: dont try to snap your phone in half??
he did the same thing with another phone and it did nothing

Cases help prevent bending too
And if you have a phone without a case you're kinda asking for it to be frank

Apple seems to think that thinner is better. But they've made it too thin now. I'd much rather have a sturdy, slightly heavier phone with a good battery then some super thin phone that has a relatively tiny battery.

Cases help prevent bending too
And if you have a phone without a case you're kinda asking for it to be frank
Most cases are made of some rubber or fairly thin plastic; they won't help that much.

Most cases are made of some rubber or fairly thin plastic; they won't help that much.
Otter boxes are excellent. Never had an issue with them. It is made of plastic and rubber but it reinforces it to help prevent said bending

Otter boxes are excellent. Never had an issue with them. It is made of plastic and rubber but it reinforces it to help prevent said bending
I've had an otterbox too. Great case. Still isn't going to help against bending that much.

The battery life is actually pretty fantastic. I use my phone pretty much all day long and where as I had to be considerate of my battery use on my 5 this 6 seems to have everything on the lockdown and I don't even think about it, by the time it gets <20% I'm ready to plug it in and go to bed -- or I'm at least at home near an outlet I can use.

I haven't had experience with the 6 at all but the bending seems like just getting a semi-decent case will at least help.
But I bet Samsungs already making an ad regarding this issue to berate Apple again lol

The battery life is actually pretty fantastic. I use my phone pretty much all day long and where as I had to be considerate of my battery use on my 5 this 6 seems to have everything on the lockdown and I don't even think about it, by the time it gets <20% I'm ready to plug it in and go to bed -- or I'm at least at home near an outlet I can use.
Yah. But it'd still be better if it lasted longer. But yah, I guess that's not that big of an issue. I'm assuming you got the 6 or 6 Plus already then?

I haven't had experience with the 6 at all but the bending seems like just getting a semi-decent case will at least help.
But I bet Samsungs already making an ad regarding this issue to berate Apple again lol
Well if you were to think about, if you pick up just a plain otterbox, it doesn't take that much to bend, does it? So once you add a phone into, it will help a bit, but not that much.

Yeah I got the 6 (not plus) last Friday. Preordered it online.

guys, i'm a loving piece of stuff for detesting apple
i recently came to realize how stuffty android actually is
everything is unoptimized and there's nothing good to do
every design is different and it makes the phone really gross
i'm considering buying an iphone 6 sometime in the next year
again, i'm a hypocrite and i welcome our new apple overlords

probably a 6 plus tho
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:22:18 PM by Daswiruch »

All I really need in a phone is maps, phone, texting, and internet access to do simple searches / look at articles.  All programming and advanced computer-oriented activities stay on my computer at home.  I don't want to mess with a terminal or file system, or attempt to forget with my OS, all that goes on while using my computer.

I have no idea what Blueblur is complaining about with his janky terminal issues and file system manipulation, it just sounds unneeded.  Keep the phone things on your phone, and the computer things on your computer. 

I like the iPhone because it gives me what I need quickly and smoothly, all while looking aesthetically pleasing at the same time.

guys, i'm a loving piece of stuff for detesting apple
i recently came to realize how stuffty android actually is
everything is unoptimized and there's nothing good to do
every design is different and it makes the phone really gross
i'm considering buying an iphone 6 sometime in the next year
again, i'm a hypocrite and i welcome our new apple overlords

probably a 6 plus tho
yea i heard apple is a lot more flexible than android