Why does the United States education system suck so much?

Poll

Does it suck to you?

Yeah.
41 (55.4%)
I'm neutral.
20 (27%)
No.
13 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Why does the United States education system suck so much?  (Read 6349 times)

I mean, if you don't go to a building every day the government will take action and I just don't even know why. A lot of things that SOME jobs require, you could learn without having to go to a school for 14 or so years (4-18.) What I really want to do is computer programming. I am completely fascinated by it and I wish I could do it all the time and learn it, but loving school keeps me from doing by only having 6 hours to sleep, a few hours to play games and stuff and maybe learn a little more code a bit but I never have the time.

/discuss the stuffty school systems of the world.

Because its 60+ years outdated.

Yeah because this is an issue exclusive to America amirite!?!1!

but loving school keeps me from doing by only having 6 hours to sleep,

go to sleep earlier

go to sleep earlier
no forget that i have stuff to do
Yeah because this is an issue exclusive to America amirite!?!1!
it's not like i've ever experienced anything but the terrible american school system

Education systems have been designed based on outdated logic and have not caught up with the increasingly technologically focused world we live in.

I've already discussed here why games are better teachers than most real "teachers". The point is that you only learn when you are having fun/engaged, and teachers don't do that at all. Combine that with the fact that kids are being forced into classes that are irrelevant to what they want to do (I couldn't do a programming class because I was forced into a religion class), and you have a major problem.

I might post my own idea of what the "perfect" education system is later.

because it's not scottish

my 8th grade math curriculum is still trying to teach us what an integer is

because schools shouldn't be government owned

I might post my own idea of what the "perfect" education system is later.
Please do this.

yeah i live in north carolina how bad do you think it is here

like it's not even inaccurate information or anything it's just that the teachers get paid about $30,000 and under

because schools shouldn't be government owned
They need to be regulated, however. I couldn't just start up my own school and only teach kids to milk cows. That would be highly irresponsible.

Blame Obama for our education system!! He rewrote the whole constitution without authorization!

they wanna keep kids in line and not smarter than anyone else. I'm not challenged by school at all, yet no one will let me move forward because of "timeliness". I can do perfectly on an assignment yet if i forget to print it and turn it in late, i get a loving 0.

Blame Obama for our education system!!

yes brick obongo is the problem of all of our sources

They need to be regulated, however. I couldn't just start up my own school and only teach kids to milk cows. That would be highly irresponsible.
there are far too few cow milkers out there and that problem could be fixed