Author Topic: [VIDEO] Singleplayer Prototype  (Read 2309 times)

Due to the restrictions of some modifications used in the video mentioned next, a multiplayer gamemode would not work correctly as some things would not work correctly.
So, for such an occasion, I threw together what might just be the concept of a singleplayer campagin-like gamemode.

If you don't know me, everything is ingame.
no fancy img for url srry
Also I suggest putting it at higher quality; the pistol in the video actually makes bullet holes.

How'd you do the whole thing with riding in the back of the van?

How'd you do the whole thing with riding in the back of the van?
Evented so when I typed in a command, a bot spawned above the van. The bot was evented to got to a brick 3 seconds after it spawned, which allowed me time to get set and record. I disabled the bot about a second after it started driving so it slowed down and didn't hit a wall, else it'd keep going at a fast speed for whatever reason. I then tested it a few times and placed a teleport block infront of the door's location that the van seemed to slow down every test, so when I got out, I wouldn't be ontop of the van.

Evented so when I typed in a command, a bot spawned above the van. The bot was evented to got to a brick 3 seconds after it spawned, which allowed me time to get set and record. I disabled the bot about a second after it started driving so it slowed down and didn't hit a wall, else it'd keep going at a fast speed for whatever reason. I then tested it a few times and placed a teleport block infront of the door's location that the van seemed to slow down every test, so when I got out, I wouldn't be ontop of the van.
This is amazing, love the gun, and the driver intro was neat. Was there any sound editing, or was it all done ingame?
Offtopic: Vehicles need to be rigged up like that.
 use IVS to open the door, and walking into the opening puts you in the seat, and you click to close the door.
Then open the door, rightclick to exit at where the door is, and then close the door again.
Or just put the player next to where they were sitting.

holy stuff that's nice as forget.

reminds me of when i did the same thing, but with a helicopter intro instead. i used print bricks for interactive credits. wish i coulda made something out of it tho... its cool to see the technique be used by others :)

This is amazing, love the gun, and the driver intro was neat. Was there any sound editing, or was it all done ingame?
 use IVS to open the door, and walking into the opening puts you in the seat, and you click to close the door.
Then open the door, rightclick to exit at where the door is, and then close the door again.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=225639.0

Secretly the music was edited in but that was because I forgot to place a server-wide music brick down and set it. Otherwise the music would've been in there too lol
The only thing different is that the music is stereo in the edited version, because BL doesn't support stereo ingame unless dedi, which is a hastle to host, and the vehicle sounds wouldn't work too.

i just noticed, that thing where the lights showing up through the van's ceiling could've easily been fixed with ambient lights or w/e they're called

Neat.
I was thinking of doing this for a while, I might make a longer one.

If you ever need help for a street, I can make some civilian drivers for you. I'm good at that.

to make the bots drive slower you can use the output event "SetRunSpeed"

I'm curious how you got the different sounds when you skit the van versus the bricks.

What would be interesting, if there were some sort of Blockland campaign, would be if just like the tutorial, it required you to use skills that will help you throughout your blockland career, like simple building, eventing, and so on. For example, you've come to a closed off area, and you need to event a brick so that when you click it, it disappears, allowing you and the rest of your "team" or whatever to move threw with a limited amount of time.

Definitely like the atmosphere though, and if there were some sort of plot backing it up it would be fantastic.

I was also thinking about a series of building and eventing game modes, not quite sure how they would work, but it would be cool to get some more tutorial into the game allowing new players to really get onto their feet - but that's extremely off topic though.

Anyway, brilliant work, it's incredible how consuming the ambiance is.