Author Topic: Prequel - buy one get one half off  (Read 30501 times)

OH MY GOD

unfortunately this was a very short update :(
but apparently there's now hope for mercandise: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/katia-managan-merchandise/

one possible poster thing:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:37:10 PM by Foxscotch »

This is a bit of a disappointment.

3 months for the next update, and it's not yet completed. I get that it's a flash update, but given the fact that almost every time there's 2-3 months between updates it's because of flash, then Kaz might as well just not bother.
I mean, the flash updates are nice, and they're interesting, but they're usually not as long as regular updates and they're harder to recall (I have to replay an entire flash, compared to going back and reading).

And I know I'm sounding like I'm entitled, but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to wait so long for an update, only to find Kaz has spent most of the time designing unwanted merchandise (with one of the intentions just so he can no longer work, but not necessarily update more, as he says himself). Moreso actually, when a fair amount of the items haven't been designed by Kaz at all.
And as a sort of apology for that is a flash animation for another short story, rather than working on the actual flash animation for the story.

And some likely boring Quill-Weave story that will only be unlocked if people give him $40,000-150,000.

I'm not exactly hanging on waiting for every update, or going to get my knickers in a twist and stop reading, or boycott the thing, but I'm not impressed.

The merchandise also sounds like stuffe.
A T-shirt and wall-hanging are quite cool, but the rest is post-cards and four-leaf clover pins.
Heck, one of the apparent "rewards" is a reciept for said merchandise.

3 months for the next update, and it's not yet completed. I get that it's a flash update, but given the fact that almost every time there's 2-3 months between updates it's because of flash, then Kaz might as well just not bother.

somewhere, a homestuck fan cackles silently

somewhere, a homestuck fan cackles silently
I didn't even know homsetuck was still going.
I take it it's in the same bog of slow updates that Prequel is?

I don't think it's fair to say the merchandise is unwanted. maybe you didn't want it, but other people did. I mean, it already has $2,500 after just half a day
and the $40,000 goal isn't required. whether or not it's reached, he'll get the money that was raised, and people will get their rewards
rofl edit bump
I do agree about the flashes though. I'm perfectly happy with just images
but at least this flash is still story-related
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:27:46 PM by Foxscotch »

I didn't even know homsetuck was still going.
I take it it's in the same bog of slow updates that Prequel is?

you don't even know
currently in hiatus since august

homestuck is a wonderful webcomic for archive readers and a terrible, terrible torture for active readers

[snip]
i think the unfinished update was just to let people know work was being done on the main comic at all

it also seems the website got some updates, not sure if that page-loading screen was always there

it also seems the website got some updates, not sure if that page-loading screen was always there
The page loading thing only happens on the 'slowly revealed' page because it's managed by a script.

i think the unfinished update was just to let people know work was being done on the main comic at all
It was just in order to draw people in to see the merchandise announcement.
Kaz has never done a "half-update" like that before. Normally Kaz takes as long as necessary to post the next update, regardless of how long. He'll even edit the "update coming soon, I swear" message twice, or thrice if necessary. But he never posts a partial update.

The only reason he has done now is to get peoples attention to giving him money.

It was just in order to draw people in to see the merchandise announcement.
Kaz has never done a "half-update" like that before. Normally Kaz takes as long as necessary to post the next update, regardless of how long. He'll even edit the "update coming soon, I swear" message twice, or thrice if necessary. But he never posts a partial update.

The only reason he has done now is to get peoples attention to giving him money.
yeah, that makes sense.
i dunno. kaz is a cool guy and i'm willing to wait a little while more for the update and also because i on and off remember prequel actually exists, like many webcomics

edit: there goes phillip banks. the biggest ASS that ever lived.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:29:33 PM by kanew2000 »

sooo. still no update
I can wait. I'm ok with waiting
but I got to thinking the other day and... one of these days, that wait is gonna be forever. like, actually forever. and I mean, it could just as easily be this one as any other
and that's kinda scaring me I guess? not like, I'm literally scared, like my heart rate is increasing and my hair is standing up or anything
but I mean, this comic has been, honestly, a weirdly large part of my online identity for a long time. cus I really like it. and the thought of having to say goodbye to it is, to say the least, unpleasant
also thank you kane I LOVE YOU

Totally got my hopes up there, Foxscotch. I thought there was an update!
I rely more on this topic than visiting the website.

It'll be a shame if it does end, particularly as while I really enjoy Prequel, I'm still no where near satisfied with the story yet.
The story as a whole so far is not very long at all.

Totally got my hopes up there, Foxscotch. I thought there was an update!
I rely more on this topic than visiting the website.
It'll be a shame if it does end, particularly as while I really enjoy Prequel, I'm still no where near satisfied with the story yet.
The story as a whole so far is not very long at all.
sorry :(
but I was thinking about that a lot the other night because of an old webcomic I was reading. it just... stopped, like, at a totally normal, everyday update. leaving some loose ends untied, and all that junk. apparently it started with a hiatus like any other but then the guy posted on his blog that he was done
which is like, an omen, I swear I saw like an entire flock of crows fly right by my window as soon as I loaded that page

it kinda feels to me like kaz is getting a little bored with the whole thing. but if he does... he seems to be in a pretty nice position to pass the torch
idk if I want that or not. I think I like cider, but he's not kazerad. bleh

speaking of webcomics my reading material bookmarks folder has like 7 things in it, any suggestions