Author Topic: Vertex / Face problems in Milkshape 3D  (Read 1014 times)

I was trying out MS3D for the first time, Making my first model from a tutorial when the handle simply appeared black after extruding. Any ideas? In flat shade it looks good. But in textured it's black.

Also I want to make the Gun's slider black and the handle brighter but they always switch place.. Why is that?

This belongs in General Modification Help you'll find more experienced modelers in that board than Help. Idk about texturing, but iirc you have to use materials and assign colours that way. Then when you export you have to make an image of that colour, normally it's just a 16x16 .png block of that colour. It should look like this in the add-on folder:

Each colour name matches a material name in the shape. I have the .cs elsewhere

This belongs in General Modification Help you'll find more experienced modelers in that board than Help. Idk about texturing, but iirc you have to use materials and assign colours that way. Then when you export you have to make an image of that colour, normally it's just a 16x16 .png block of that colour. It should look like this in the add-on folder:

Each colour name matches a material name in the shape. I have the .cs elsewhere

Oh, Alright, And I have textures. It doesn't matter cause I can handle that later. I believe it's a face problem. Can you help me in that one? I'll be locking this a little later and post this instead there.

Umm make sure you don't have n-gons and that all your faces are actually facing the correct way, but I don't have much modeling experience.

Umm make sure you don't have n-gons and that all your faces are actually facing the correct way, but I don't have much modeling experience.

I started yesterday. I'm pretty sure I don't understand.

since when is MS3D free? or am I just confused and it always was?
I started yesterday. I'm pretty sure I don't understand.
n-gons are polygons, but the n just means it can be any number
like, a polygon with twelve sides is fair game if your editor has n-gon support. blockland only supports up to tris or quads, I think? idk which though

I doubt milkshape has n-gons though. it's pretty old, I think

Milkshape doesn't have n-gons.

Also its best to leave the bones out, just having plain joints, unless you're animating the gun to move as a whole in some way.